Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

crwritt

One Too Many
I made this in flannel. It is so comfy and will be nice for winter. I want to make a crocheted belt to go with this but I am having issues. I may just make a fabric belt.[/QUOTE]
Very pretty and nice job matching the plaid. I thought summer when I first looked but then I saw you made it in flannel.
Why not cover the belt in flannel and crochet around the buckle?

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Thanks everyone. I cut the skirt in two peices instead of four so I wouldn't have to attempt matching on the bias. I was suprised at how well the bodice peices matched up.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I haz made a dress!

148172_464967694163_624014163_5606396_2667625_n.jpg

5132_96224134163_624014163_2016321_3333013_n.jpg

From 1933. The pattern was missing the over-sleeve piece and I opted out of the chest bow -- not a good decoration for the large busted! lol I would have liked to have made it longer, but I was about a half a yard of material too short (don't you just hate that?)

pixie

Familiar Face
Oh lovely, especially the fabric!! I love skulls and tattoo flash. Were did you get it and is there a designer name who makes it?? LOVELY

Inky

One Too Many
I've been wanting an Enid Collins purse for some time, even though I typically do not go for 60's era items (it's the glitz that draws me to them like a magpie!). But just like ladies of yesteryear, they are prohibitively expensive. Enter the General Crafts company and their Deluxe Jeweled purse kits. After searching for a long while I came across a new in box kit in a pattern that I liked (#1202 Blue Heron on Natural fabric).

Everything was still in the box, including 43 year old dried up glue and an incredibly sharp razor blade ;) I used Gem-Tac for the adhesive and this took me about a week to finish. You put on all the hardware, and the mahogany wood bottom, then glue the crazy on it. I just love it! I am pretty sure my mom will want to steal it from me when she sees it on Thanksgiving day!!

5201740580_a461f0c26c_z.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
Oh my stars Inky. How fabulous. I sold a purse made from kit like this. I always have loved these type of purses but yours is as good as brand new. You really did a fabulous job and I love the colors. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

crwritt

One Too Many
I've been wanting an Enid Collins purse for some time, even though I typically do not go for 60's era items (it's the glitz that draws me to them like a magpie!). But just like ladies of yesteryear, they are prohibitively expensive. Enter the General Crafts company and their Deluxe Jeweled purse kits. After searching for a long while I came across a new in box kit in a pattern that I liked (#1202 Blue Heron on Natural fabric).

Everything was still in the box, including 43 year old dried up glue and an incredibly sharp razor blade ;) I used Gem-Tac for the adhesive and this took me about a week to finish. You put on all the hardware, and the mahogany wood bottom, then glue the crazy on it. I just love it! I am pretty sure my mom will want to steal it from me when she sees it on Thanksgiving day!!

5201740580_a461f0c26c_z.jpg

A Fantastic work of art, Inky.

wahine

Practically Family
Inky, I admire your talent and your patience! You did such a great job on that purse!

For further sewing, I forced my man (don't ask how:D ) to help me with this:

We needed more than twice the amount of tape than recommended but I'm quite satisfied with the result - I was so happy that I tried a first draping before the thing was even finished:

annet

One of the Regulars
that's amazing. how exactly did you do that? is there a tutorial online somewhere? i have a dress form that is a children's body... it has my waist measurement but of course the bust and hips are way off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ