Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

BoPeep

Practically Family
SheBear74 - How did you apply the eagle? Applique or HeatnBond? You could go into business just making those shirts and tutus!

crwritt - Love the sparkle rickrack! Any little girl would love to have that!

CinnamonCinders

New in Town
I'm so impressed with the beautiful things being created by the lovely ladies here.

I thought I'd share the last dress I got finished before my relocation and before all my works in progress and sewing stuff were hidden away in boxes.

9719_302468970421_761565421_9189518_7876202_n.jpg

It's made from a grey and black flecked wool.

SheBear74

Practically Family
SheBear74 - How did you apply the eagle? Applique or HeatnBond? You could go into business just making those shirts and tutus!

crwritt - Love the sparkle rickrack! Any little girl would love to have that!

Thanks! I do actually have my own little bidness :) I used both to put the eagle on. I put the iron on backing on it then stitched around it, and added some details in the middle with stitching.

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
I'm so impressed with the beautiful things being created by the lovely ladies here.

I thought I'd share the last dress I got finished before my relocation and before all my works in progress and sewing stuff were hidden away in boxes.

9719_302468970421_761565421_9189518_7876202_n.jpg

It's made from a grey and black flecked wool.

Beautiful, beautiful! And great photo too!

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
Here's my latest...Simplicity #8817 (Retro). I wore it to a friends wedding this past weekend. It's too bad that my hair had fallen apart by the time this was taken in the evening.[huh]

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Jennifer, I love the neckline on your dress. It's beautiful and you wear it very well.

Cinnamon Cinders - Your dress is lovely. What pattern did you use?

CinnamonCinders

New in Town
Cinnamon Cinders - Your dress is lovely. What pattern did you use?

Thank you :)

It was Economy Design No E43 that I used. I got too impatient and wanted to wear the dress before making the little coordinating belt to go with it hence the big black thing in the pic. I really ought to do something about that at some time hehe.

DSC03098.jpg

Rachell

New in Town
Greetings to all of you - I hope this meets you well. First, might I mention such gorgeous weather here in South Carolina this afternoon!

This is my newest creation - it has actually been made with some vintage curtains that I just adored. I regret the detail being so poor from the webcamera, so pardon the lack of detail. It is a navy blue with tiny white dots and pearly buttons all the way down the front, dropping a few inches below the knees. The bottom kind of splits out - just too sweet, I love it!

I will be wearing this with a very simple couple of victory rolls this afternoon to do some volunteer work in town. Very excited!

149383_1735059823345_1444075132_31906935_5685293_n.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
it has actually been made with some vintage curtains that I just adored
Wow, that is wonderful. Love the choker idea. I love chokers.
Welcome to the FL. I love South Carolina and plan on going back to Charleston one day. One of our granddaughters was born there and my family originally came from there in about the 1850s or so.

Rachell

New in Town
Wow, that is wonderful. Love the choker idea. I love chokers.
Welcome to the FL. I love South Carolina and plan on going back to Charleston one day. One of our granddaughters was born there and my family originally came from there in about the 1850s or so.

Golly, I love a nice choker, as well! The dress itself is navy with petite white dots, and the silk I used for a choker is navy and white striped - the contrast in popular pattern really makes it a charmingly unlikely pair.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I enjoy South Carolina, as well. I am currently near Columbia, though I have spent some time in Charleston for sure. 1850s?! There is nothing more incredible to me than to think back through a family tree and dive into such an era.

BoPeep

Practically Family
Rachell - Great dress and beautiful hair! It reminds me of my mother when she was younger...

Here's a pair of lightweight denims I made this fall. Comfy but that waist sure makes you sit up straighter! lol I'd like to try a pair in wool now. Also a boatneck blouse, buttons down the back, with big puff sleeves.

IMG_3259.jpg
IMG_3264.jpg
blouse.jpg

Rachell

New in Town
BoPeep - golly how sweet of you! I seem to remind a lot of people of their mother, and I must say it is one of the most flattering compliments I have ever heard. A mother is a such a dear lady and memory for most, so even if just being compared by the look, it is just too sweet.

I absolutely love the denim - you did a fantastic job around the waist. Very flattering! :eusa_clap
Also, your little shoes are just perfect with the outfit - do I spy a bow in the toe area? Too cute!

BoPeep

Practically Family
Thanks girls. I was a little giddy on espresso chocolate that afternoon, hence the corny photos! lol Rachell - I'm actually wearing my little Dearform slippers (!) which I've always thought would make great shoes.

:eek:fftopic: but here's a photo of my mother from 1963. She was 21 at the time. It's the dark hair that reminded me.

nurse.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk