Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Rachell

New in Town
BoPeep - what a swell way to fancy up the slippers! They look perfect ;)

Wow, what a gorgeous shot of your mother. She is just my age, there, too!

crwritt

One Too Many
I made this top using New Look 6808 and some border print challis.
5239698634_b419a14db9.jpg

Last edited:

swinggal

One Too Many
I made this lovely 1930s butterfly sleeve shirt months ago. It's a lovely green satin crepe which really doesn't show the true colour here. It's so very elegant and flattering with wide black pants or a long skirt. I will take pic of me wearing it sometime.

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

3005-web-pic.jpg

Last edited:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Cute Swinggal. Ive wanted to try that decades pattern.
Bo Peep, thats an Eva Dress repro, right? I have that pattern but have never made the pants. Im afraid of how it will look on me.

But jeans must be on the brain for many of us.
I finished these last week and just got around to taking photos.

front-8.jpg

More images on NVL.

LD

crwritt

One Too Many
Cute Swinggal. Ive wanted to try that decades pattern.
Bo Peep, thats an Eva Dress repro, right? I have that pattern but have never made the pants. Im afraid of how it will look on me.

But jeans must be on the brain for many of us.
I finished these last week and just got around to taking photos.

front-8.jpg

More images on NVL.

LD

Great jeans, Lady Day! what patience you must have to do all those buttons!

Swinggal, the blouse is lovely!

BoPeep

Practically Family
i have to ask since im always on the hunt- what pattern did you use bopeep?

It's actually a modern pants pattern that I adapted. Use any "no-waist" pant (simple styling, no pockets, front and back darts, back zip) and extend the top by about 3-4 inches. Then it's just a matter of shaping the waist and darts to fit your curves. Cut a deeper facing to match and you're good to go!

Great detailing, LadyDay. Love the coin pocket! I have a habit of leaving off all the "fussy" parts but I can see it's worth the effort.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
These are the Decades of Style 1930's Kitchenette Pajamas. The bodice is flannel, the trousers are polar fleece. I LOVE them! I had no fitting issues with them, no sewing problems. They are warm and comfy, perfect for the record breaking cold we're supposed to get next week.
5246664811_ed843ef6f0.jpg

5247266668_04081d1633.jpg

close up of the flannel
5246664613_a2f0bf4fd2_m.jpg

crwritt

One Too Many
I just saw these on DIY december. I have this pattern.When I made my muslin they came out so big!(I went by the size chart too)What size did you choose, and how did you determine your size?
I'm glad you made them,other that my own muslin, I've never seen them made up. Love the concept, and I'd like to try again.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Yours look great Kami!
Are they not the most comfy things ever!?
With mine, I ended up facing the neckline, did you do that or just fold it under? Im curious to know some of your construction techniques/issues/victories, because Ive never known anyone else to make them up.

LD

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I just saw these on DIY december. I have this pattern.When I made my muslin they came out so big!(I went by the size chart too)What size did you choose, and how did you determine your size?
I'm glad you made them,other that my own muslin, I've never seen them made up. Love the concept, and I'd like to try again.
I used my bust size but I might take in from the waist to the hems. The polar fleece pants get major static cling and ride up my leg, so I won't be going out of the house in these.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Yours look great Kami!
Are they not the most comfy things ever!?
With mine, I ended up facing the neckline, did you do that or just fold it under? Im curious to know some of your construction techniques/issues/victories, because Ive never known anyone else to make them up.

LD

I did a bias binding. On future ones, I'll use packaged bias instead of the fabric bias. I had no issues whatsoever. I didn't even make a muslin. I might consider raising the crotch on future ones as well as taking in the waist to hem side seams. It fits my bust and bum perfectly.

crwritt

One Too Many
I brought out my Decades of Style Kitchenette Pajamas pattern for another go. I raised the crotch and
narrowed the width by many inches. I'd suggest anyone using this pattern look at the finished measurements chart very closely
before you choose your size. Not finished with the neck and armholes yet, but I like it!

5249134175_8be0fa6fcd_m.jpg

5249737742_778b83ca27_m.jpg

crwritt

One Too Many
Thank You ladies. I used bias strips cut from the same fabric as the pants section, stitched to the edge, pressed to the wrong side, and topstitched. It is finished, and I'm enjoying wearing it, but its so cold here I've got long underwear beneath it. You're right, Kamikat, the back is pretty drafty.
I think "the next time" (is that what they mean by a TNT pattern?) I'll adjust the back neckline so it angles over then down,
so I can add a button. Similar to the back neck on a Swirl dress.
swirlcollage2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112