Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
christmasday2.jpg

My third sewing project from a vintage pattern! I used a 1950s jumper dress pattern, changing the neckline from V to sweetheart. I'll definitely use this pattern again, but next time I'll do the Full Bust Adjustment pattern alterations.

BEAUTIFUL dress! Wonderful photo!

SheBear74

Practically Family
It sure is :) I like to go "Goodwill hunting" and if I see a sheet with a cute pattern I grab it. You get lots of fabric for cheap. lol

SheBear74

Practically Family
I got this fabric at the thrift store for 2.99 :D I am still testing out patterns trying to decide which one to use for the wedding we are going to this summer. I do like this one and will keep it in the running. I goofed on the skirt part, it was supposed to be fuller (I ran out of fabric) and I didn't get the pattern going exactly straight across.

axa.jpg

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I thought some of you ladies would be interested in this, since it's one of the Vintage Vogue patterns.

DSC05358.jpg

I've put more photos and description in the Gent's conterpart to this thread: v2885

BoPeep

Practically Family
Ladies, this is worth checking out. ^^

SheBear74 - Cute dresses! I like the style of the blue one. What fabric will you use for the official dress?

Last edited:

SheBear74

Practically Family
Ladies, this is worth checking out. ^^

SheBear74 - Cute dresses! I like the style of the blue one. What fabric will you use for the official dress?

The site with all the Hawaiian border prints says they are a cotton/poly blend. I might try to make the one with the buttons again, but this time gather the fabric on my serger instead of doing pleats.

SheBear74

Practically Family
Ok second try on this pattern. I used a poly/cotton blend and lined the top. I like the fullness of the skirt better, but I don't think this is the pattern I want to use for the dress for the wedding. It's a cute summer dress, but I think the top should have maybe a sweetheart line to it? Oh and doing the gathering with the serger was waaaaay easier than by hand, or with pleats :D

bdb.jpg

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ok second try on this pattern. I used a poly/cotton blend and lined the top. I like the fullness of the skirt better, but I don't think this is the pattern I want to use for the dress for the wedding. It's a cute summer dress, but I think the top should have maybe a sweetheart line to it? Oh and doing the gathering with the serger was waaaaay easier than by hand, or with pleats :D

bdb.jpg

Beautiful! I LOVE pleats (the way they look) but sewing them and ironing them is horrible, they take forever and then they come unpressed in the closet before you can even wear the outfit. I think your serger gathering idea worked out wonderfully, I must try it on something.

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars

bdb.jpg

Looks cute, SheBear, but I agree that it's not quite right for a wedding. Need to be just a tad bit more... festive? Punchy? Not sure what word I'm looking for here.

SheBear74

Practically Family
This one was kind of interesting. I used this fabric because it was the only one I had enough of! lol I didn't bother finishing the hem, or putting in the zipper since I just wanted to see if I liked it, which I do.

beb.jpg

Tatum

Practically Family
SheBear, that is adorable! I like the purple even if it was a test!

Is the bodice a "V" shape on the top, or is it a wrap? I can't tell for sure in the photo. What's the pattern?

SheBear74

Practically Family
Thanks for the compliments :D

Tatum, it's a V shape, but there are ties that wrap around to the front.

This is the jumper I made today. My husband hates it lol. I really like it though. ;)

bfb.jpg

HepKitty

One Too Many
This one was kind of interesting. I used this fabric because it was the only one I had enough of! lol I didn't bother finishing the hem, or putting in the zipper since I just wanted to see if I liked it, which I do.

beb.jpg

lol I have 2 of these that still need zippers and the hem! the test in cheap not quite satin and one in black satin taffeta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider