Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Cute as always Kamikat love your hair and glasses too!

Made the gray one for my sister and the dragon print for me. :D
cnc-horz.jpg

I love that dress Shebear! Which pattern is that?

SheBear74

Practically Family
It's Simplicity 3673 :)

BoPeep I love that fabric too! My sister is way more conservative than me, but I lined the bodice of her dress with the dragon fabric. :D

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
I love seeing everyone's sewing projects. Most of my sewing goes to other forums, as I sew a lot for my multitude of dolls, none of whom are even remotely Golden Age :) Super cute top, Kamikat. Lovely dresses SheBear. I too like the dragon print and that you used a hidden dragon lining on your sister's dress.

Over the weekend, I made my second human-sized dress: Vogue 8028 shirt dress. The fabric is the blue/brown check yarn dyed cotton from Reproduction Fabrics. Reasonably priced at just under $9/yard and super soft. The buttons were recycled from one of my husbands worn out button down shirts.

5388789649_b4bb998842_z.jpg

Tatum

Practically Family
I love seeing everyone's sewing projects. Most of my sewing goes to other forums, as I sew a lot for my multitude of dolls, none of whom are even remotely Golden Age :) Super cute top, Kamikat. Lovely dresses SheBear. I too like the dragon print and that you used a hidden dragon lining on your sister's dress.

Over the weekend, I made my second human-sized dress: Vogue 8028 shirt dress. The fabric is the blue/brown check yarn dyed cotton from Reproduction Fabrics. Reasonably priced at just under $9/yard and super soft. The buttons were recycled from one of my husbands worn out button down shirts.

Oh my gosh, I have been searching for the right shirtdress pattern...thank you!!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Very nice, DPD! Don't worry about the plaid. I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it. Matching the plaid is why I don't sew with it even though I LOVE plaid.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
BoPeep, fantastic! I have done a 180 turn on cigarette pants (for me, always loved them on others) and am always looking for inspiration. I LOVE the plaid!

BoPeep

Practically Family
Wow, thanks girls! I didn't expect that response from such a utilitarian project. :) These were made with salvaged wool. Ironically, someone had taken apart a pair of pants with the intention of rughooking. I bought the box of wool scraps and sewed the pants back together again! lol Not a vintage pattern though. It's McCalls 2746, a slim leg, back zip, four darts front and back.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo