Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
this is what i have recently made, after never really sewing from a pattern ever. These were my two youngest boys halloween costumes this year. A Christmas Story was and is still my favorite Christmas movie.
Picture766.jpg

Picture765.jpg

Very nice work but someone's an unhappy bunny :(.

Fraeulein von C

New in Town
@Film Noir
No, I only made the dress, because I was afraid that the fabric would be too heavy for the peplum. But I really want to sew the dress from a more summery fabric as well and I'll give it a try then!
@HepKitty
Oooh, what a lovely dress! I've been eyeing that pattern on eBay, I HAVE to buy it after seeing the dress :)
@Jessesgirl
I don't know that movie I'm afraid, but the rabbit costume is really cute, did you make the rabbit shoes as well?

HepKitty

One Too Many
thank you ladies :)

@HepKitty
Oooh, what a lovely dress! I've been eyeing that pattern on eBay, I HAVE to buy it after seeing the dress :)

What size do you wear? I have extra copies that I got for cheap, I'll send you one. PM me the details :)

That is gorgeous! Seeing your version, it's now going on my wishlist!

Did you alter the skirt design at all?

I didn't alter the skirt, but I do have a fluffy petticoat on underneath :) I can't wait to make another one I love this dress

Really nice work, HepKitty. Fits great!!

lol I'm hiding the mistakes. I made a size too big, so the shoulders have a little extra room that I don't need, and I should bring the waistline up about an inch, but that means redoing the zipper and I dislike putting in zippers anyway, so it may not get done :D

Very nice! Are those modern shoes? (As in, is there a chance I could find them on the market? :) They are very cute).

Yes they are here is the link:

http://www.dancestore.com/Aris-Allen-Camel-1930s-Velvet-Oxford/productinfo/828-CA/

They warn you on the website that the brand (Aris Allen) tends to make them a bit narrow, and my feet are on the wide side of average, so I have to get a half size bigger

Last edited:

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
Finally got some photos of this one, I made it in 2009. It's Butterick 5209

Love it! I made this in Navy with white inset and added navy covered buttons to the white part, this was actually the first things I ever made when I started sewing!!.... I wish it still fit... I love seeing what others have done with patterns I have made!!

HepKitty

One Too Many
Love it! I made this in Navy with white inset and added navy covered buttons to the white part, this was actually the first things I ever made when I started sewing!!.... I wish it still fit... I love seeing what others have done with patterns I have made!!

I'd love to see pictures if you have them :)

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars

crwritt

One Too Many
Man, you gals have been making some amazing things.
I just havent felt a need to make any clothes. I just dont *need* any right now :eek:

BUT, Im sure that will change soon....:rolleyes:
I guess I gotta buy more patterns to motivate me. Yeah! Thats it.

LD

These days nobody really "needs" to sew clothing. We do it because we want to, we find inspiration,
we love the creative urge. Otherwise we could all wear orange jumpsuits and who would care?

HepKitty

One Too Many

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
These days nobody really "needs" to sew clothing. We do it because we want to, we find inspiration,
we love the creative urge. Otherwise we could all wear orange jumpsuits and who would care?

Okay....
I don't by RTW any longer, so when I sew, its to fill a gap in my wardrobe. I don't just sew for creativity's sake. I make clothes to wear them. And when I need something I do indeed need to make it.

LD

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
Okay....
I don't by RTW any longer, so when I sew, its to fill a gap in my wardrobe. I don't just sew for creativity's sake. I make clothes to wear them. And when I need something I do indeed need to make it.

LD

I really admire you for this, LD. I'm gradually trying to wean myself off high street shopping, and one day want to be as self-sufficient as possible. I've got the knitting sorted, but I'm still not great at sewing. However, one day, I hope to be able to echo what you've said. x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR