Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
This pattern is https://vpll.3dcartstores.com/1930s-Ladies-Dress-With-Princess-Seams--42-Inch-Bust_p_150.html from the Vintage Pattern Lending Library.
5693148813_fbc30bee4a.jpg

Here's a close-up of the belt.
5693717922_6cbf61c321.jpg

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
No, no, please don't say that! We always blame our bodies when something doesn't look good on us, but the reality is the other way around. It is the clothing that doesn't suit our body. The bodice on the dress isn't flattering because it isn't the best fit for your body, NOT because you need to lose 20 pounds.

Think of it this way, if you were 20 pounds lighter and made a dress that didn't fit properly, it still wouldn't look good, would it?

It's a nasty trap we let ourselves get into (working on this myself all the time.)

True, baggy busts look bad on me no matter what. I can't get any smaller than a 36C no matter how hard I diet. shakeshead

But I *have* gained 20 lbs over the past two years and I'm really disappointed in myself. I don't like being over 145 and I'm currently 160 (I lost a few, yeay!) When I was 20 lbs lighter I knew exactly HOW to make the bodices fit me. Now that I'm heavier I can't sew for crap (pardon, lol) I just don't know how to resize and was never very good at it :(

It's ok, though. I don't want to make a bunch of too-big dresses only to lose 20 lbs and have them not fit me and me not able to take them in without them looking all crooked. Alterations were always my weak spot :(

Last edited:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Fantastic dress, Kamikat.

I have been sewing even though I haven't been posting here as much.

front.jpg

I made a 20s sun bonnet out of linen. Created the pattern myself. More pictures on my blog.

LD

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Beautiful dress Kamikat! How did you like your experience with the vintage pattern lending library?

Gorgeous hat LD. And just in time for SUMMER!!!!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, ladies!
Love the hat, LD!
MarieAnne, since they are faithful reproductions, I think it really depends on the pattern. I own 3 patterns from them and this is the only one that has turned out wearable. The first pattern I bought from them was so confusing that I just couldn't figure out how the pieces went together. The second was just not a good candidate for grading up to my size. Their prices are good and the delivery was quick.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Gorgeous dress Kamikat and I really love that pattern. I wish I was better at pattern grading. Which of there patterns did you have trouble with? I have 4 of their patterns but have only made the lounging pjs so far.

Lovely bracelet Black Dahlia. You can never have too much fruit themed jewelry.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
This is the one that didn't grade well. I may try it again, since I've done alot of grading with pointy midriffs lately.
5697211989_9d143b309d.jpg

This is the one that just confuses me. Every so often, I get out the pattern pieces and the instructions and study it. I haven't even tried a muslin yet. The cape and skirt look pretty straight forward though.
5697211797_7c09e72da0.jpg

K.McG

New in Town
Everyone's projects are lovely! I hardly have anytime to do any sewing for me it seems! But you all make me want to do so!

Hatstruck Wow!!! that hat is lovely! I really love the rose!

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer

Miss Sis your Dress and Wardrobe are fantastic- I’m envious of both!!!

Oh, and may I ask if the wardrobe has a rail more commonly seen today (across the width) or a metal one that pulls out? Odd question- just curious! I don’t think I could take it if it had shelves as well- lovely bedroom suites are all too much for me to handle:rolleyes:….

Sorry, back to the lovely creations….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner