Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Made this for a Valentine's Day Hanger Dance in Austin but just now getting around to posting it. The hat and gloves are vintage, the shoes are new, and the dress I made from a vintage pattern.

IMG_6054-1.jpg

You look fabulous!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I sewed this and I am totally unhappy with it. It might look nice on my dummy, but I made it too big for myself...even though I pinned it on me to fit before I sewed it. A belt brings in the baggy waist, but the baggy bust is awful. I'm a DD and I need busts to be fitted on me or else they look "matronly" (a look I am not going for.) *sigh* I give up sewing until I lose 20 lbs. At least then I know I'll fit into an 18 perfectly.

217739_10150169645269164_624014163_6774590_7942271_n.jpg

n624014163_1557280_8107039.jpg

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Urgh, Amy Jeanne, I know what you mean. I'm making a sundress and despite toiling the bodice to a perfect fit, the actual fabric bodice is larger and I'm having to run the whole thing in! So frustrating! Especially because I have already bias faced the neck and armholes in a rather complicated manner. Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drappa

One Too Many
Fabulous work ladies! Amy Jeanne, too bad it's too big, but I just wanted to say that there is no way that dress could be considered matronly with that print :)

I just made a dress in homage to my beloved Horrockses and in line with this:
e272ae17.jpg

The pattern is Simplicity 1538 and the colours didn't come out that well in the photos, but they are really bright blue, yellow and pink. I'm still cosidering putting little bows on the front.
bf8e492d.jpg

f4bbbbca.jpg

819f1362.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I'd call this more vintage-inspired since the pattern company is a small, indie company, but it's my new favorite dress.
5649484019_47ef211774.jpg

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
wow, what gorgeous things you girls make! Amy Jeanne, that dress looks great on the dummy! Shame it's not right on you. Drappa, love that dress! Such a great copy of the Horrockses dress! I'd add the bows, they're cute :) I love the belt and buckle as well. Kamikat, I looove that dress! It looks smashing on you!

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
I've recently taken up embroidery and this was my first attempt - I'd made a cushion cover for a friend and popped her name in the corner. I hope I can find some vintage embroidery patterns/inspiration online!

IMG_1750copy.jpg

Drappa

One Too Many
Thanks everyone! I will wear it as is tomorrow and then may add bows.

Kate, I've seen embroidery patterns on Ebay occasionally, so they are around. Also, OT, but what happened to your lovely blog? It seems to have disappeared.

jessesgirl08

One of the Regulars
I sewed this and I am totally unhappy with it. It might look nice on my dummy, but I made it too big for myself...even though I pinned it on me to fit before I sewed it. A belt brings in the baggy waist, but the baggy bust is awful. I'm a DD and I need busts to be fitted on me or else they look "matronly" (a look I am not going for.) *sigh* I give up sewing until I lose 20 lbs. At least then I know I'll fit into an 18 perfectly.

217739_10150169645269164_624014163_6774590_7942271_n.jpg

n624014163_1557280_8107039.jpg
oohh sorry it didnt fit correctly, it is super cute though and totally love the print.

kymeratale

One of the Regulars

No, no, please don't say that! We always blame our bodies when something doesn't look good on us, but the reality is the other way around. It is the clothing that doesn't suit our body. The bodice on the dress isn't flattering because it isn't the best fit for your body, NOT because you need to lose 20 pounds.

Think of it this way, if you were 20 pounds lighter and made a dress that didn't fit properly, it still wouldn't look good, would it?

It's a nasty trap we let ourselves get into (working on this myself all the time.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo