Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I've been trying to do some more sewing. I've realized that it's something I really enjoy doing and since I've recently become a stay-at-home-mom, it's something I finally have a little time to do. I've been concentrating on matching dresses for myself and my daughter.

This first one I ended up having to cut down from the original size I cut it out because I lost 25 pounds by the time I got it finished:

Here is my daughter in her matching hat, enjoying a delicious meal of "lobster:"

This second dress I had originally made as "suitable for maternity" but because I don't know what the future is going to bring for my health, I wanted to get some wear out of it. My daughter's dress turned out a bit big on her, so I am hoping it will still fit in the spring with a top underneath and some leg warmers:

I ended up glamming up my daughter's dress quite a bit with buttons and ribbion because I had gone into gymboree and saw some really cute clothes that even on clearance were out of my price range. I realized the only difference between the high end and the lower end stuff was the additions of things like ribbons and buttons, which of course I could easily do!

Right now I am about to start a set of matching dresses for an October wedding. Now if I could only find the pattern I wanted for my dress!

vintageTink

One Too Many
Made this for a coworker. I made the tulle petticoat as well.

177423_27Sep13_image.jpg

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
Hi everyone! I've been on a computer and crafting hiatus since May for severe bilateral carpal tunnel with surgery on both hands last month, but, thanks the miracle of 21st Century medicine, I'm back at my sewing machine.

I have some catching up to do here at the Lounge. Congrats Sheeplady, your Little Sheepbabygirl is adorable, even if she is quite the little flasher. :D I'm sure she'll grown into her outfit, which is adorable.

Today, I finished the dirndle skirt I started before the hiatus, intended to be a summer skirt, since the fabric is cotton.

10126483684_c4fbbfd5e4_o.jpg

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Made this for a coworker. I made the tulle petticoat as well.

177423_27Sep13_image.jpg

That is so cute! Was it for something she was doing special, or did she just want an everyday skirt?

I love polka dots... I'm a polka dot addict.

If it has polka dots and Scottie dogs, I MUST have it at all costs. I believe my husband hides things from me when we go into stores because of this. ;)

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hi everyone! I've been on a computer and crafting hiatus since May for severe bilateral carpal tunnel with surgery on both hands last month, but, thanks the miracle of 21st Century medicine, I'm back at my sewing machine.

I have some catching up to do here at the Lounge. Congrats Sheeplady, your Little Sheepbabygirl is adorable, even if she is quite the little flasher. :D I'm sure she'll grown into her outfit, which is adorable.

Today, I finished the dirndle skirt I started before the hiatus, intended to be a summer skirt, since the fabric is cotton.

View attachment 4968

I love the sheepbabygirl name! haha! That is great!

You were able to do such a lovely skirt that soon after surgery?

vintageTink

One Too Many
That is so cute! Was it for something she was doing special, or did she just want an everyday skirt?

I love polka dots... I'm a polka dot addict.

If it has polka dots and Scottie dogs, I MUST have it at all costs. I believe my husband hides things from me when we go into stores because of this. ;)
Yep! She went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party at Disneyland.

Miss Slapstick

New in Town
Just finished yet another improvised crochet hat. My goal is to have one in every color possible :biggrin2:

Posted more images of the hat - finished and in the making - on my blog : http://stumfilm.blogg.no/
I really need a camera, photobooth is just no good.. *sigh* shakeshead

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
IMG_7938.jpg

Now that the California 'winter' is finally here, I finished this jacket from a 40s pattern for a tweed pub crawl last week. It's partially tailored.
More detail info on my blog if interested :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points