Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

shindeco

A-List Customer
Lady Day said:
I dont want to go the black dress route, too boring. Im thinking of a dark brown (warm toned) velvet...

Thoughts...

LD
Chocolate brown would look great. Do you think that velvet might be too bulky with all the pleating in the front? How are you going to do the skirt?

For colour, what might also work, but you'd really have to find the right shade, would be pale, creamy yellow. It would have to be yellow enough not to look like a wedding dress but not so yellow as to look like Big Bird. In any case, it sounsd like a case of ... FABRIC SHOPPING!!:eusa_clap The perfect fabric will be there (and you'll know when you see it!)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lauren said:
Made some trousers and a tie top :) Woohoo! New Clothes!
wardrobe01.jpg

Im, like, totally jealous of your trousers :eek:

LD

And thanks for the suggestions all. I too am thinking velvet will be bit bulky. But I want a stiff draping fabric, one I wont have to line. We will see.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Here is Simplicity 3673. I used the full skirt and the self fabric belt, in a black linen/rayon blend. The blouse is Simplicity 4077.
1244038555_993145cde7.jpg

1244893292_86e4037702.jpg

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
yea....that is odd...although if you clck the links ladies, you can see her wonderful creation!

Looks like you did it right....I checked to make sure, hence the 'edited by..'

AHA......at the end of each of the links you had a ?v=0

which for the image to be displayed inline here...did not need to be there.

all better!

anabolina

A-List Customer
Wow Kamikat, it looks lovely and you did a great job with construction. I love the shape and that little belt. You should totally post it in the vintage contest at patternreview.com if you get a chance to write up a review.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I posted this in Ladies of the Lounge, but I thought it could go here too. You can't really tell, but I am wearing a Diamondbacks jersey I made last night that looks like the AAGPBL uniforms.

IM000192b.jpg

ShortClara

One Too Many
Lolita and Kamikat, just wonderful!! You are both lovely! Holy moly, does this place inspire me! I need to get to my sewing mahine again :)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I might be a copycat and make the same outfit as Kamikat--adorable! I've been looking for a shirt pattern like that one.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
What are the chances?

I was looking through my fabric stash last night and I found some yardage I bought several years ago and that I forgot I had. It's a near perfect color match for that 1940's jacket I bought recently--what are the chances of that? I'm planning to make a dress to match the jacket.

IMG_0435.jpg

Josephine

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
I was looking through my fabric stash last night and I found some yardage I bought several years ago and that I forgot I had. It's a near perfect color match for that 1940's jacket I bought recently--what are the chances of that? I'm planning to make a dress to match the jacket.

That's great! What style of dress will you make?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I'm thinking of making some version of this dress:

V8108.jpg

I like the one shown in purple but it wouldn't look good with the jacket so I'd probably go for the version shown in teal but use the sleeves from the purple version. I'd shorten the skirt to the knee too--I think this length looks a little dowdy.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Lolita and Kamikat, Awesome Job!!! Both are great!!!! and Lolita, that uniform is so dang rad.. it would be great for Halloween too!!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks! It's a rayon blend I picked up on clearance at Joann's. I seriously stocked up... they have some great cottons and linens on clearance right now :)

Lotus Leroux

One of the Regulars
I'll have to check out JoAnn's! As much as I love buying fabric downtown in the fashion district I have found some great fabric at my local JoAnn's from time to time.:)

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Lauren, how do you find the time to do all this sewing???? Good job!

Yesterday was a sewing day, but it was alterations, rather than sewing new. Lots of hems to drop on skirts and jackets. My Living Room looks like a tailor's shop with things everywhere in various states of being altered. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes