Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Kami, I'm so bummed! I wanted to see your entire dress, lol! Go put it back on and take a pic! :p Lokks great on top tho, love that teal on you!
I love this hair color too, and it looks much like mine. You should try the Pravana line, I use 7.66 with zero volume. It lasts longer than Shades or Logics did on me. I used Shades Bonfire for years. They take darker, so choose lighter!
Nikki
kamikat said:
Thanks!
OT: yes, it's fresh color. I tried Redken "rocket fire" and while I LOVE the color when fresh, within 2 weeks, it had completely faded, so I did a fresh application of the rocket fire in their semi-perm just for the party. I think I'll go back to Logics. It wasn't as bright, but it stayed fresh-looking longer and wasn't as damaging on my hair.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day that dress is fabulous! I love the fabrics and colors you chose! :eusa_clap I wanna see it on too! It's been a while since we had a Lady Day fashion show!

Texas Girl that quilt is absolutely amazing! WOW!
Nikki

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Okay...

Since the move, Ive been busy. The weather here requires lighter dresses, AND the fabric district will be the end of me :eusa_doh:

So, using those as my excuses, I have whipped up some new things.

P1010015.jpg

This one is from the pattern on the left. I still ahve to make the skirt on this one.
redvelvet.jpg

whiteflowerdress.jpg

This one is a modified version of the pattern above. I just made into a dress using some light cotton that I had.
flowerdress.jpg

blueflowerdress.jpg

A basic shirt dress suing up some linen scraps I had for the yolk and collar.
bluedress.jpg

More to come

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
More...

Simplicity3359.jpg

This dress again in a red calico suing some cream fabric I didnt know what to do with.
collarreddress.jpg

I got rid of the pleat in the back, it didnt sit right. I think this pattern was a bit klunky to begin with. Too much improvising with it. But this one turned out pretty good.

redcollardress.jpg

Oh, and I whipped up an underdress from an old white sheet.
underdress.jpg

Thats it for now, but I have 4 yards of this fabric.
dressbeads.jpg

For this dress...
P1010011.jpg

The one on the right.

LD

PS

A-List Customer
Lady Day,
How long have you been sewing? Do you make nearly all of your clothes?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
My mother was a professional seamstress, but I didnt take up the art till after her death. That was mid 05' so Ive been sewing for real for about 3 years, give or take.

I make most of my clothes now. Id say about 60% of what I wear I made. My lack is paints and blouses, only cause they are so difficult to fit the way I want them to.

LD

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
Oh, and I whipped up an underdress from an old white sheet.
underdress.jpg

LD

Those are some amazing dresses Lady Day! I don't know why, but the underdress just kills me. It's so simple but I absolutely love it.

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
OMG, I have this pattern! I was planning to sell it on the bay since the sizing is slightly too large for me and I thought it might be too complex to size down, but I might try it now after seeing your lovely rendition!
Did you shorten the length?
How did you get rid of the back pleat? Just sew the outer edges together instead of to the inner pleat material?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
JupitersDarling said:
Did you shorten the length?
How did you get rid of the back pleat? Just sew the outer edges together instead of to the inner pleat material?

The pattern sits on the fold, so I just moved it up so I wouldnt have the back pleat. The collar is super complicated, and requires a lot of modification (as listed in the instructions). Also, use a super thin fabric for it because you are going to have at least 5 layers of fabric around the front because of the collar. Thats why I did so much modification on it, I dont think Ill make it again, the back of the collar is just silly.

LD

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
This is the BIG top secret project I've been working on! I'm finally finished. I started this is about mid December. It's been a grueling process. The white was not part of any pattern. I had to cut that out and sew it on just eyeballing it. It also caused problems with the hem of the top. I was excited the boots came in the mail today. Please keep in mind these are preliminary pictures that I took myself so they are not the best quality. I guarantee I will be taking better pictures as the date draws near. Oh and the purpose of this get up is the January 26-27 Phoenix Comicon. Yes, I am a huge nerd. There are still a couple components left to complete the costume but I wanted to brag. ;)

l_60e5691fa4b9640be107f9bbf1b85a8d.jpg

l_99685b14a5c0073829217adb57475119.jpg

The boots really are green:
l_945c400e0b655c3232158c406be6074b.jpg

In case you're at a loss regarding who I am supposed to be:
l_1cd8253bd64b16fd557c407e0201500c.jpg

l_6d56fad90a2ce30890d85b5b5a9a10ef.jpg

l_ed705ffa0b7a5aa8b30662c2a9b23afa.jpg

Josephine

One Too Many
Pink, that looks great! I've done one costume for a con (StarGate), unfortunately this is the only picture I have of it. I also had to make my own pattern or adapt a kimono one.

NJ2006Costume1.jpg

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
SSB1
Thanks so much. You have me :eek:
Don't worry! I'll get finals up soon!

Lady Day
As far as I know she's wearing it on the cover of one of the new books. I believe she's been back to that get up for some time now. I haven't been able to afford comics for some time.

Josephine
Thank you for the compliment & I dig that SG costume.

Nashoba

One Too Many
PINK! That's AWSOME!!!!!!

:eek:fftopic: If you find you have the time, and feel so inclined, while you're at the Phoenix Con seach out an artist by the name of Tess Fowler. She'll likely be in the comic book artist alley area doing sketches. Tell her that her big lil sister misses her dearly, I love her and I'll see her soon.:)

PS

A-List Customer
first REAL project completed!

Ok, here it is! I have finally sewn 'something' from start to finish. As it turns out I don't know how to read a pattern! I started with a pattern and chucked it soon after.
6pewnrr.jpg
[/IMG]
I could have gotten a better picture come sun up but I just couldn't wait! I am so tickled! There is some questionable stitching but I think for my 'first' I have done okay! Many many thanks are sent to BonnieJean who pulled me out of bias tape torture!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
PS said:
Ok, here it is! I have finally sewn 'something' from start to finish. As it turns out I don't know how to read a pattern! I started with a pattern and chucked it soon after.
6pewnrr.jpg
[/IMG]
I could have gotten a better picture come sun up but I just couldn't wait! I am so tickled! There is some questionable stitching but I think for my 'first' I have done okay! Many many thanks are sent to BonnieJean who pulled me out of bias tape torture!

awww, cute!!! i like the variety of fabrics you chose!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart