Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
JupitersDarling said:
I finally finished the hem on this wrap skirt two days ago. I graded them up to size 20 from a 40's skirt pattern of mysterious size I got off the bay, which fortunately turned out to be an approx size 18 pattern, so there was less grading to do than I feared. The fabric is a bright tomato red rayonpoly blend I had on hand when I decided to take a crack at the pattern. It sadly doesn't quite match my nice dark red shoes as can be seen, but according to my grandma, it doesn't matter! what think y'all? :p

Next time I make another, I am facing the front with another fabric instead of doing a rolled hem. Excuse the overexposed lighting and wacky pose (I was thinking it'd look nice to emulate the model's pose on the 40's pattern envelope... lol )

DSCF0131.jpg
Aw, the pose is cute! The skirt's adorable and it looks good with the shoes. Fabulous shoes! Is that your house? It's beautiful.
Ashley

olive bleu

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
That skirt is darling...Miss Darling :)

I was tired, but instead of going to sleep, I made some skirts.
The pattern is from an 'easy sew' simplicity I have. The entire skirt is one piece of fabric. Ive made the pattern before, but this time I put a zipper in for the closure instead of buttons.

front-2.jpg
front-1.jpg
front.jpg

side-2.jpg
back-1.jpg
back.jpg

They were fun, and obscenely simple, but made of wool (center is black denim) so no summer wear. *sigh* I should of waited.

Now onto summer dresses!

LD

Those skirts are amazing LD, BUt I'm also lovin' the exhibition of shoes:D

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the compliments y'all! :)

LotusLeRoux, what a great jacket! The red lining gives it a little extra something.

olive bleu said:
Those skirts are amazing LD, BUt I'm also lovin' the exhibition of shoes:D
Me too! Lady Day could give the designers on project runway a run for their money with her mad skills and excellent accessorizing sense. :D

Aurora

One of the Regulars
I love all your creations, but JupitersDarling... More pics of those shoes please, they're lush :D

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I wore this yesterday to our luncheon.

l_df1f2dfce0c67c5c946fe80e49c66bc9.jpg

l_42bd2fa59ee67996ffa62669008b5e69.jpg

This is the pattern:
l_23488ca95ae98605ef2a958d7a3ce1b9.jpg

It's actually a nightgown but I needed to have a dress! So I shortened it and made the back of the neck much less of a V.

The pink things on the dress are raspberries! Too cute!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
DrJones and Pink... Hahahaha I forgot all about the $4! That was the best! Loves it!!

All those solicitors weren't about me. They were about Sally and her cleavage.

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
Lotus Leroux said:
Thanks Last Chael! I definitely recommend the pattern.

JupitersDarling, and Lady Day, cute skirts! :)

I just finished my first swing jacket yesterday. I am happy with it for a first try. There are some things I would do differently though if I make it again.

IMG_3509-1.jpg

I LOVE this jacket! Fabulous!
Jupiter, Pink, Lady Day, Lolita, and anyone else I forgot, your projects are awesome! I'm going to have to go home tonight and get cracking at my sewing projects :D

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lotus, that jacket is amazing!

Alright, this ill be my last post of new stuff for a looooog time. I have some projects non sewing related that call for my attention :rolleyes: I just wanted to get my wardrobe out of the way first, yeah, thats it...

front-4.jpg
back-2.jpg

Made another pair of clamdigger type pants. But I ran out of zippers (drat!) so I used buttons for these two.
detail2.jpg

Here is the closure. The back folds over the front which is not really done but darned if the fit isnt tons better! I did button sides on both sides and both sides are functional. That took forever!

front-3.jpg
side-3.jpg

These pants were by accident. I found this twill hiding on my fabric shelf and I just cut them out. I had to put a gusset in these cause I cut the hips too small :eek: but they look fine with it. IT just added a bout an hour and a half to the project.
buttondetail.jpg

I only buttoned up one side, mainly because I was running out of buttons. I wanted to use white one for this, but didnt have enough. SO I used two kinds of pink, both modern buttons. This flap is front over back (because the fabric is heavier, and one side is stitched up) also it fastens on the left cause Im a south paw!

Thanks Ladies!
LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda