Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
kamikat said:
Oh, Pink, that dress is darling! You don't see 20's very much, what a nice change.

Thanks! If I could afford to/get away with dressing in the 20s I would do it every damn day! I love that clothing was loose and free and comfortable! Sometimes I feel a bit restricted in the 40s/50s garb I usually sport.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Pink Dahlia said:
I made this from a 1926 McCall's pattern:

l_a671c3549a1330a7d6628e63832b4e26.jpg

I'm sorry I don't have a color pic. I killed two cameras within the past week. :(

So, so cute! I like it in black and white too.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Foofoogal.

imoldfashioned
Thanks! That was taken with a really old camera with B/W film because I managed to kill to digital cameras within the past week. :(

lyburnum

Practically Family
This is my sisters Bridesmaid dress that I finished making last night. It's made out of gorgeous hand woven, hand dyed silk dupion. Expensive but so, so worth it. It's the same fabric that was used on my handmade wedding dress.

IMG_9979.jpg
IMG_9984.jpg

IMG_9982.jpg

m5319uo5.jpg

zaika

One Too Many
Nothing fancy...but I knitted up this tam yesterday. It's a tad big...but I think I look like a French spy or something. Not as schmexy, but still a bit enigmatic? lol

2339543056_f8f8d72321.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
lyburnum said:
This is my sisters Bridesmaid dress that I finished making last night. It's made out of gorgeous hand woven, hand dyed silk dupion. Expensive but so, so worth it. It's the same fabric that was used on my handmade wedding dress.

Very pretty!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
zaika said:
Nothing fancy...but I knitted up this tam yesterday. It's a tad big...but I think I look like a French spy or something. Not as schmexy, but still a bit enigmatic? lol

Great hat!
maybe you're the one I need to talk to about my messed up gauge swatches! ;)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Great stuff ladies! Keep it commin!

front-8.jpg
pocket.jpg

Clamdiggers!

Based on the same Simplicity pattern, I tapered the leg. With the detail, I cut the fabric on the bias to give a bit of a twist of the pattern. I like em!

front-9.jpg
side-1.jpg
back-2.jpg

These are now my new favorite jeans! I LOVe the fit.

The back has SIX darts and makes my butt look grand!

darts.jpg
pocket-1.jpg

I also put pockets in this one.

Thanks,

LD

zaika

One Too Many
goldwyn girl said:
zaika, great Tam, you do look rather continental

that's a good descriptive word. continental. hehe.

kami...yeah! if you have any knitting questions, i'm no expert, but any chance to help someone else certainly helps me learn, too. lol

Sunny

One Too Many
LD, you are AMAZING. The bias detail is fun, and I can't imagine how you got such a great fit on the jeans. Six darts = Made of Awesome. You've got to do what you've got to do!

Lady Day said:
Great stuff ladies! Keep it commin!

front-8.jpg
pocket.jpg

Clamdiggers!

Based on the same Simplicity pattern, I tapered the leg. With the detail, I cut the fabric on the bias to give a bit of a twist of the pattern. I like em!

front-9.jpg
side-1.jpg
back-2.jpg

These are now my new favorite jeans! I LOVe the fit.

The back has SIX darts and makes my butt look grand!

darts.jpg
pocket-1.jpg

I also put pockets in this one.

Thanks,

LD

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Hey ladies! Please forgive the grotesque quality of my camera phone pic but I just finished this today. I had to show it off because it's so obnoxious. I plan on wearing this dress every day but Valentine's Day. ;) (The wife of a co-worker gave me this fabric for free!)

l_80372a7b2a34a1608598d9a9d1acf255.jpg

Mail order pattern:
l_9d19a7549eca3f53a6da2cd590b18b8d.jpg

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
Hey ladies! Please forgive the grotesque quality of my camera phone pic but I just finished this today. I had to show it off because it's so obnoxious. I plan on wearing this dress every day but Valentine's Day. ;) (The wife of a co-worker gave me this fabric for free!)

Mail order pattern:
l_9d19a7549eca3f53a6da2cd590b18b8d.jpg

The days when you don't wear it, can I? It's freakin' fabulous!!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:

that IS obnoxious!! lol :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff