Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

SayCici

Practically Family
Just posted about this in my blog:
4576802009_5da2ab37ed.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Inky said:
A dress in April AND a skirt in May - that's a record for me ;)

McCalls 4718 (1942) 12-gore skirt in a 100% cotton. I did make the wide waistband with the belt loops but it turned out a bit loose. I probably won't bother altering it, just wear it with a wide belt as in the picture.

4574295443_46286b1aef.jpg

Oh that skirt sure is puuuuuurdie :D You up for a trade?

LD

Crafty Doll

Familiar Face
Inky, I love your skirt! You look so darn cute!

Cici, your dress is absolutely gorgeous! It looks professionally made. *drools*

You ladies are so talented and give me so much inspiration. I can't wait to take sewing classes, so that I can one day start making my own vintage inspired clothing.

SheBear74

Practically Family
SugarKitten said:
Love the red and black Inky! nothing like a little help from your friends...

Kamikat the butterfly print is awesome.

I finally had enough practice in to attempt a vintage pattern. No resizing, I risked using it as it was (a 30 bust) because it was a wrap, and it doesn't have to fit my shoulders (which are a mile wide). The pattern is all spirographs, and I have enough left over to make at least a shirt!

dress.jpg

It's supposed to have double-fold bias tape around the neck, but I can't get it to follow the curves of the shoulder ties. Any suggestions on what to use instead? The curve is quite sharp, and I don't want to use a million little pieces of tape...

Great job, that is really cute! What pattern did you use? I am getting some great inspiration looking through this thread! :)

SayCici

Practically Family
You gals are too much, thank you. :eek: Of course I'd never point out all of the mistakes that I make! Here's the pattern I used Shebear:
500px-McCall_8404_image.JPG

I love it!

SheBear74

Practically Family
SayCici said:
You gals are too much, thank you. :eek: Of course I'd never point out all of the mistakes that I make! Here's the pattern I used Shebear:
500px-McCall_8404_image.JPG

I love it!

Nope you never point out the mistakes, those are "adjustments" that you made to the pattern ;) Thanks so much for posting the pattern, now for my mad search on ebay lol

SheBear74

Practically Family
Does anyone know where I might find that McCall pattern 8404??? To say I am obsessed with finding it is now an understatement! lol

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
khalamorgan said:
you'll have to excuse the blurry photo, my camera has been on the fritz lately

IMG_0529.jpg

i look forward to posting a lot considering the amount of sewing i do!
That is amazing. Did you use a vintage pattern?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran