Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Odile

New in Town
What a Nice suit! I really like the sleeves!
May be a wierd question but do you know what uderwear the model is wearing in this picture? It's beautiful! I'd like to buy one for myself!
Thank you all so much! She's wearing the What Katie Did glamour corselette--I have one for myself and I love it so I bought another one in her size to go under the suit.
Eva--thanks for noticing, the lining is my favorite part, its actually from the 50s and has poodles on it.
Rodeo Rose--thank you !!! the shoes are from the 40s and I was so glad they fit her as I can't get my feet into them
And BoPeep--I love your blouse, the fabric and buttons are perfect

BoPeep

Practically Family
Fonda62 - Thanks. I think it would work for a larger bust being so adjustable. I know typically gathered fabric can add weight, but if you keep it smooth over the bust and pull the folds down towards the waistline, you'd be fine.

Kitty_Sheridan - Sorry, they're not DoS pants!

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
This is a dress I whipped up in a few hours for a friend's 'James Buchanan Inaugural Ball' themed party.

9fc20218.jpg
[/IMG]

d7c4192f.jpg
[/IMG]

AWESOME! :D I am a firm believer that (unusual) dress-up theme parties are the best parties.

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
This is the Nadja dress. You can get the pattern for free on the Burda website BUT there is no instructions with it.

Versuch_large.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

Im not happy with the sleeves cuffs on mine, I wasn't sure how they did them so I just did them my way. Im going to attempt to make the dress again :)

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
Thanks for this. They have a new one that I want and it hasn't gone on sale at Joanne's or Hancock's yet.

Thanks Kamikat and Lauren. I haven't done a 50's look in ages. It felt a little weird.

McCall's and Vogue go on sale at JoAnn's on Sunday - a dollar cheaper and no shipping fees ;)

Lily Amelia

New in Town
Well, I have definitely been bitten by the sewing bug! After my first post a few weeks ago I managed to find the missing pattern envelope and pieces and set about making one of the other versions of my dress, this time with some fabric I'd bought specially rather than a sheet lol (Excuse the cheesy grin, but I was quite pleased with myself!)

DSCN0865-1.jpg

DSCN0877-1.jpg

This is the pattern I used, I think I'll end up with at least one of each style :)

DSCN0893.jpg

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Still under construction, but I'm thinking spring with this embroidered linen sheath dress.
207873_1335561446135_1744062716_600917_73705_n.jpg

I love this. I really like how you laid out the fabric so that the pattern drapes, it really looks like a high-end boutique piece. SO NICE!!!!! :eusa_clap

I am a fabric and pattern addict. She who dies with the most of either (or is it both?) wins. I must plan on winning, yes, that's why I have so many. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran