Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
I got one pattern that called for FOUR YARDS! most of that was for the skirt! :eek: Geeze Louise!

I bought a "poodle skirt" pattern that calls for four yards of fabric. It makes a great skirt!! So spinny and fun to wear. I also made a more a-line skirt for my pre-teen niece by just using 1/2 of the pattern.

Here it is in a cowgirl pinup print:

cowgirlskirt.jpg

I've made this skirt for many birthday presents, but in fabric that suits the recipient. It's awesome.

I didn't use the pattern for this skirt, but I had to share it with you ladies anyway. I spent 8 hours bedazzling this skirt from hem to waist with clear stones, red stones, round studs, and star-shaped studs. I bought a bedazzler, but it didn't work, so I ended up just using a pair of tweezers to bend the backing around each stud. It's quite stunning! The fabric was a Wal-Mart find - the red bandanna print.

megs_sweetpea_sue.jpg

dancing.jpg

Fluffy crinoline action!

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Help!

Do any of you ladies know a pattern that has that wing-bust bodice? I don't think I'll have a problem with the skirt, but none of my patterns have those little 'flaps' and it looks kinda tricky to figure out by eye!

CherryBombRock

Familiar Face
JazzBaby said:
Do any of you ladies know a pattern that has that wing-bust bodice? I don't think I'll have a problem with the skirt, but none of my patterns have those little 'flaps' and it looks kinda tricky to figure out by eye!
I'll 2nd that - I bought a pattern off ebay a couple of years ago, completely forgot I had it and recently dug it out. Joy when I saw it was a wing-tip bust dress, dismay when it was missing the bodice section! :(

Liane

New in Town
yarts.jpg

I didnt make the actual shoe but I spray painted them and made bows for them! They turned out so cute! I went to homecoming a couple years ago (I wish I never went, so boring) and my dress was red with white polka dots, and I could not find any red pumps! So after 3 hours of searching I found ones that were light pink with bows on them. So I bought red spray paint and put tissue paper in the shoes and put masking tape on the bottom of the shoe and heel. Then I used ribbon to make the bows. :) I will try to get pictures of skirts I have sewn soon!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The prom dress the shoes and the first try are all stellar, ladies :D :eusa_clap

Liane, I am making a red polka dot day dress that would look perrrrrfect with those shoes ;)

Dont worry Sari, for a first try that is super great. You can take it in at the underarm if the bust is too big. Not a big deal at all.

And Cherryred, what a perfectly fairy dress. Im sure she will look lovely.

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I made another cloak.

I was at the fabric store (big surprise, I know :eek: ) and I saw this lovely wool corduroy like fabric in a large pile of wools. I could swear it was whispering to me:

**make me into a cloak, make me into a cloak**

Well if the fabric speaks I must abide. lol

This one is shorter than my other cloak, so Its more for everyday wear. The buttons are vintage and I did a fabric loop closure instead of making it double breasted. I off centered it to the left, cause Im a lefty and I like my coats to close over the left. Also I raised the collar on it, gives it kind of a Mod look.

cloakpattern.jpg

The pattern, dont those ladies look fab!

WOOLCLOAK.jpg

WOOLCDETAIL.jpg

Here is a detail of the lining. You gals know I love my linings :D

LD

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
LOOKY LOOKY

I know this isn't vintage, but it is the first piece I did to be worn in public. I made it for my daughter. It's her Easter dress. She picked out the fabrics and style of dress. I still need to make the jacket that goes with it.
dress1.jpg
dress2.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
My today project...

pocketdress.jpg

reddotdress.jpg

Truth be told, I made the dress just so I could have a pocket to put a hankie in like the lady in the drawing :rolleyes:

reddoddressclose.jpg

It turned out cute, altho I made a couple of small oopsies. The next one I do Ill have the kinks worked out.

This dress took me about 10 hrs from cutting table to hanger. Thats good for me to know, cause I have a friend who wants me to make one for her, and now Ih ave an idea as what to charge ;)

LD

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
LD, your cape is fabulous! And the dress too ... it's amazing you can whip up something like that in 10 hours. I'm sure it would have taken me two months!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
LadyD you really are the queen of the sewing machine here!!!
I think that if I had finished ONE of the projects that you have posted I would be pleased!

I finished knitting my lovely teal coloured cardigan just before Christmas and it's come out about 4 inches too big round the chest. So I'm starting a tank top now as I can't bring myself to rip out the cardigan yet!

Hopefully it will work and I can finally post a pic!

Love to see all the hard work you ladies have been at!
Very " Dig for Victory" as far as I'm concerned!!:) :)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Working on

I am working on this now. It's a modern pattern but similar to those posted on the thread regarding different dressess...ie day, home, etc.
M4769.jpg

with this material
material.jpg

such as this pattern
wpt30s24329mccall9384.jpg

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Finially finished an easy task of fixing the arms on a dress that was too small.. Took me a few weeks, I think I have Adult ADD, do to many things at once. I will post a pic in a bit to finially show the darn thing!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Fleur De Guerre said:
Oooh pretty faythe that Macalls pattern is almost identical to a vintage one I have and probably easier for a beginner like me to sew! I might have to look it up.

I have all my pieces cut out, now I need to actually put it together. That is always the difficult part for me, getting the gumption to do it. As I mentioned before, I think I have adult ADD so I do to many things at one time, all kinds of unfinished projects around the house.[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff