Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

ShortClara

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
Thanks for the link Short Clara--I'm thinking about starting a modern novelty patterns thread to share some of my links but I haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

Oooh! Ooh! *raises hand* yes please!! I'm just goofy for them! Right now I'm looking for a perfect apple print for fall and none I'm finding are floating my boat. Also on my current list to find - solar system print :)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
ShortClara said:
Oh, here's the link - it's so fab, isn't it? Most of the modern novelty fabric I see is more for kids stuff, not for adult-types (or older folks pretending to be adults ;))

http://www.hartsfabric.com/37588.html

Oh, no!!! That site will be the death of my wallet. I found several that would make cute 50's dresses. This one will be my first purchase
hartsfabric_1969_220555

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
RedHotRidinHood said:
Miss N, that's very elegant! Are there any pictures of you wearing it?

Sadly not...I was too forgetful to pose for pictures...so i will have to throw it on next time someone is there to snap a picture.

Just for the sewer types...Its Decades of Style 1930s Hostess Gown....which is forever known as the origami gown...

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Miss Neecerie said:
.... for the sewer types...

Oh dear, I thought you were talking about waste water treatment experts. God bless our sanitarians, but I don't think they would look very good in that dress :eek: lol

Sorry, couldn't help myself. The mental image I got amused me highly :D

Your dress is lovely, you did a great job!

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Any UK ladies there is a magazine called Prima, they have a number to call every month for a free pattern.
This month it is a Swing Coat in three lengths.
I'm sure it could find its' way to any interested US gals!
;)
Last months was a lovely vintage inspired frock too with a cross over top. So much more flattering for those of us hefty top halfs.

Oh who am I kidding...top and bottom match at the moment. Both hefty!
lol

lyburnum

Practically Family
Not the best of photos but some of the things I've made in the last year. I have more (all my long dresses) but they're hiding in my sisters wardrobe and she hates me getting them out! Some of these go back a long way. I have quite a lot so I've had to split the posts

IMG_7349.jpg

b5032dz3.jpg

IMG_7348.jpg

I made this after watching 'In The Mood for Love' and falling in love with her dresses

IMG_7344.jpg

4044.jpg

I made these trousers in black and grey wool to keep me warm in the winter!

IMG_7345.jpg

4081.jpg

IMG_7342.jpg

4047.jpg

Somehow I've lost the belt for this shirt, it must be at the back of my wardrobe somewhere... I hope!

lyburnum

Practically Family
hair003dz3.jpg
hair008ha8.jpg

Same jacket as earlier, I made that dress for my 21st birthday. My hair was a lot shorter then!

n286500111_292743_4162.jpg

AHAlohaGirls1.jpg

I made this dress for a night at a tiki lounge in london

These two were some of the first things I made:
dress001lg.jpg

PICT4517.jpg

This I just made up the pattern for

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Iyburnum: A fantastic wardrobe!!!! I´m making that Simplicity trowsers, too right now. It seems to be an easy one, so the Pepita-one I work at won´t stay my only pair of it!

As promised here are my photos with the light blue outfits that I did a few weeks ago!

I´m very happy how it turned out. The top is not strtchy though so it´s allways a struggle to get it over my chest even with a fully open zipper.

Lady Day: I really love your sofa and the Doggie!

Denise: A wonderfull dress!!!

Amazing things!!! I wish I had learned to sew, I just don't see how I'll ever fit it into life right now (having a machine still in the box after 2 years) but I so ENVY those of you who can just whip up whatever you like in whatever fabric you choose!

Ang

deelovely

Practically Family
WOW!!

lyburnum said:
Not the best of photos but some of the things I've made in the last year. I have more (all my long dresses) but they're hiding in my sisters wardrobe and she hates me getting them out! Some of these go back a long way. I have quite a lot so I've had to split the posts

IMG_7349.jpg

b5032dz3.jpg

IMG_7348.jpg

I made this after watching 'In The Mood for Love' and falling in love with her dresses

IMG_7344.jpg

4044.jpg

I made these trousers in black and grey wool to keep me warm in the winter!

IMG_7345.jpg

4081.jpg

IMG_7342.jpg

4047.jpg

Somehow I've lost the belt for this shirt, it must be at the back of my wardrobe somewhere... I hope!
Awesome job! And I absolutely ADORE those loose trousers!!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Your trousers look fantastic! I'm working on a pair right now and am really struggling with the fit. I'm also glad to your white jacket. I just bought this pattern.

lyburnum

Practically Family
CherryRed said:
I second that!:eusa_clap What pattern did you use on the blue and green plaid...the 40's one with the trousers???

I just searched through my patterns to find it - it was Vintage Vogue 2402! It's a gorgeous pattern and it comes with a dress too.

il430xn11956269xd3.jpg

RetroModelSari: The trousers are dead easy - hence why I made two pairs. And they're great when they're finished! My only problem with them was that they didn't make them in my size - so I had to adjust the pattern to make them smaller. I also lengthened them by about 3 inches so that I could wear them with heels.

P.S. Thank you everyone for your lovely compliments

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy