Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
Faryl Robin Dress #2. I had to make all these dresses to go with the Faryl Robin shoes (since I didn't have much). :D

l_ed82bea49b3cea8da8fea1d0b704fcde.jpg

When do you have the time to make all these dresses? Sheesh, you pump out a new one once a week!

It looks really good though, great job!

Meggan_Lane

Familiar Face
Pink I am green over those shoes you are wearing! Very nice! And the dress is fabulous, I need to get working on some projects to keep up with you ladies!

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
epr25 said:
I was going to put new netting on but I can't find any? The only stuff I could find was more like what a crinoline is made from. The original netting was destroyed.

You could try here: http://www.judithm.com/
I've never bought from them myself, but I've done a lot of browsing. They have lots of kinds of veiling and embellishments. Maybe you'll even find the feathers you were dreaming of.
You've done wonders with the hat already, by the way. Good luck with the finishing touches.

Joie

vintagelaura

New in Town
JudithM is wonderful. I've ordered from them several times, and my orders were always processed promptly and exactly what I wanted.

Laura

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I am seriously overwhelmed by all the wonderful comments from you ladies. I'll try to hit all of you personally but if I miss you I'm sorry!

Meggan
Thank you! Those are the infamous FarylRobin shoes! There's a thread on them somewhere around this joint.

Desi
Thank you and no I do not make a new dress once a week. :p
That green dress was backlogged since before the ComiCon. The yellow was a spur of the moment sew. I have a red one giving me hell and I just put some new fabric in the wash though I don't really feel like cutting right now. I just pick up fabric at JoAnn's and when I feel like sewing I sew. It also helps if you don't have a life even though I kinda have a semblance of a life now. ;)

Fleur
Yes only last summer. I'm a learn by doing, hands on chick. :D

Thanks GG!

Snookie

Practically Family
Miss Retro said:
Well i've decided to try my hand at making something but what would be a good starting project .......a skirt?

I think any of these would be a good first project:

http://www.butterick.com/item/B4461.htm?tab=skirts_pants&page=4
http://www.butterick.com/item/B5125.htm?tab=yes_its_easy_see_sew&page=1
http://www.butterick.com/item/B4372.htm?tab=home_decorating&page=2

The skirt gives you the challenge of doing a zipper, the apron I think had bias tape, and if you want to be certain of sucess you can't beat a pillow. I saw a skirt with an elastic waistband, too, if you're scared of zippers.

Look for patterns marked Easy, and DO NOT start with an unprinted vintage pattern. You need to get your bearings first, especially if you're trying to teach yourself.

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
First project

McCall's has a new high-waisted skirt pattern that doesn't look too difficult:

M5590.jpg

It's still pretty basic, and darts aren't too scary if you practice them on a mockup first.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
swingtimegal said:
McCall's has a new high-waisted skirt pattern that doesn't look too difficult:

M5590.jpg

It's still pretty basic, and darts aren't too scary if you practice them on a mockup first.
I have been looking for a high-waisted pencil skirt pattern. I will have to check this out.

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
deadpandiva said:
I have been looking for a high-waisted pencil skirt pattern. I will have to check this out.

Me too; I was thrilled to see this one on their website. I'm hoping that I can also use it to alter a pants pattern and make high-waisted pants.

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
sweetfrancaise said:
:eek:fftopic: pennycarrol, your current signature is from one of my favorite movies! How romantic... (swoon)

lol!!! It's one of my favourite movie, Jean Gabin is incredible and Mich?®le Morgan is a genius!!! It's true she's got the most beautiful eyes!!! Now she's an old lady, but her eyes are the same (very blue!!)!!!! wow I'm soooo happy!!! I love to hear good things about art, movies, music of my country!!! Merci infiniment petite fran?ßaise!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunny

One Too Many
Ooh, that's lovely, $ally! I've never seen raw silk look so pretty, either. It looks like a nice wool with body.

Antje

One Too Many
anabolina said:
Love the dress Antje, did you make it from a modern pattern? Is it Butterick 4790 (I think that the number, or its something similar)?

Yes indeed it is the butterick 4790, very easy to make, but I had to improvise the buttun section, my hips are to big, so it did'nt fit at first, but now it wears great.

pennycarol and deadpandiva, thanks for your comments

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick