Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
Great stuff ladies! Keep it commin!

front-8.jpg
pocket.jpg

Clamdiggers!
LD

Could these be any cuter?! I love the plaid trim.

Lizzie

Folly

One of the Regulars
:eusa_clap

I could never manage something like that LD.

I should photograph my latest makes and revamps - a hat, an Edwardian skirt and four dresses :)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
OOH! The ottoman! The Scottie pillow! I love it!

I posted this dress a while back when it still needed a hem, but here's a pic of me in it on Easter :)
l_0aed5dab13075a062f42178327f23376.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Here is my niece's first communion dress. They don't have to be all white anymore, so my sister asked me to add some pink touches, which my niece loves. The dress is white eyelet, lined with white cotton. The waist inset is lined with pink cotton and piped with matching pink pipping. For the actual mass, my niece will wear a white cardi over it, but mom also picked up a pink cardi for other occasions.
2396213291_d82e5ec43e.jpg

dakotanorth

Practically Family
Info on fabric- sale!

I wasn't sure where to post this, but denverfabrics.com is having a large sale, all different ranges of pricing.
If you plan your yardage, you can get decent prices on shipping- they price shipping in ranges of "x to y" yards = this price.
Check 'em out!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I've learned my lesson, gals! This is the first modern dress I've made in about a year. Never again (unless it's something really special)! I had forgotten how much altering I had to do to make a modern pattern fit. Petite tucks at the waist, FBA, taken in at the waist and I still think I look kinda pregnant. They had a sample garment on a manniquin at JoAnn's and I fell in love. I should have just stuck to my shopping list ;) I will admit that it was nice to get a dress out of 2yrds of fabric instead of the typical 4-5yrd that my last few dresses took. From Butterick 5024
2401848862_9f5eb36e25.jpg

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
NONSENSE

Kamikat, you look Gorgeous in that dress. no bulges showing anywhere let alone a pregnant looking belly. You are truly an inspiration for me to lose weight.:)

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
I've been rather busy over the last two weeks, crazily sewing last minute costumes for a convention I went to on the weekend :D Managed to get everything finished (which is a miracle in itself) and had a wonderful time! :D

There was a pirate jacket for a friend (which i don't have photos of yet :( )

Animated Giselle from Disney's Enchanted

And finally, the Wonder Woman costume I've been working on for a year now!!

And now that they're done, I'm hoping to finally make some vintage outfits (the patterns have been haunting me!!)

Snookie

Practically Family
The latest addition to my 6-gore skirt collection - Green! I had leftover fabric from my two-tone dress, and I've been wanting a green skirt for a long time.

The Black is the original, from a thrift store, I think it's mid-90's. It's fabulous, just the right amount of swish at the hem. I got so many complements on it I had to copy it. (I know it doesn't look like much on the hanger, but really - it's fabulous!)

I pair these with little knit t-shirts and sweaters from Target and Forever21, and I get so many complements on my "vintage" look! lol

2403956503_ec76333128.jpg

(FYI, in case anyone's curious, I dropped a lining into the cream version - I used a satin, used the same pattern except slightly shorter, and attached the waistband to both. Wrong sides together of course. Like I've said before, I don't wear slips. ;) )[/RIGHT]

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Wonderful job on the skirts Snookie. It's great to have a pattern that can be made into multiple wardrobe staples. The flare looks very flattering.

Chael

The Wonder woman is a RIOT! How fabulous!

Honey Doll

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
RetroModelSari said:
Thank you :)

It was actually pretty easy to figure out as I had this instrustion with pictures: http://etsylabs.blogspot.com/2007/03/dress-form-tutorial-want-to-make-exact.html

We needed some time to do the wrapping.
Thanks/ I just got a dress form from the Good Will but I really want to try this.
I have been sewing like crazy and I found my camera so I'll post pictures soon. I am so proud of myself. I am finally starting to use the multitude of patterns I have and can justify buying more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner