Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
Polka Dot said:
Great job, swingtimegal! I like the color you chose for the skirt.
Honestly, though, who would choose view A of this pattern?
Cargo pockets on a high-waisted pencil skirt? Really?

Thanks! I just wish I could the picture to re-size to something other than postage stamp size lol I know, the cargo pockets are horrible--I'm tempted to just throw them away. I already have a 10 inch difference between my waist and my hips, so I certainly don't need MORE emphasis there!

The fabric's a cotton pique (a waffle texture) I got from JoAnn's. It's a neat texture, and it reminds me of some vintage fabrics I've seen. It's 50% off now; too bad my store's sold out of it!

And now, on to the next project!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
For my mother-in-law's birthday, I made her an apron. She's nuts about cooking and collects Mary Engelbreit things
so I found some of Mary's fabric for the project. It turned out a bit busy (trim and ric-rac), but I think that the MIL will love it!

bloomapron.jpg

Close up of the cute fabric:

bloomaproncloseup.jpg

(Who knew the easel in my classroom would turn out to be good for display photos? :D)

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Thank you very much, LD! :eek:

I have enough of the fabric left that I'm thinking I might make her a table runner as well - and have to put colored pom-pom trim on the ends. Zany!! :)

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
front-8.jpg
frontdetail.jpg

fabricdetail.jpg
hemandlining.jpg

front-9.jpg
buttons-1.jpg

These buttons are glass! I got them in a small lot for $4. This is my Sat. picnic dress by the way :)

LD

LD you get the "Vintage Award" through and through in my book. With your infinitely skilled ability to sew you are a true embodiment of the make do and mend ethic and something I (and my almost obsessive shopping habit) am truly humbled by!:)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
front-15.jpg
frontdetail-1.jpg

Got this 40s fabric (I think) from eBay a long long time ago. The flowers are painted (printed) on to a near photo neutral grey. Man do they pop!

Sadly I didnt have enough for a dress, but I do have enough left over to make cuffs and a collar for a blouse for it. I think Ill make the blouse in white :)

LD

The Shirt

Practically Family
LD - that skirt is absolutely smashing. Please post some more of these creations with you in them! You're so darling and we love seeing you. You are such an inspiration in getting things done. All those bags are super cute as well. I have miles of fabric from over the years and should really try and do that as well.

positivelypinup

One of the Regulars
I just finished an apron. Its so cute. I will have to post pictures.

Do you ladies use rotary cutters or scissors when you cut out the pieces?

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
I made this dress last week from a 1946 pattern :

PinaforeDress1.JPG

It wasn't quite as complicated as I thought it was going to be! The fabric, thread, buttons and bias tape were all from the same era...does that make it a vintage dress? Or, like my friend says, is it in a whole new category of "vintage"? It doesn't matter to me, because I love the dress very much. My beau likes it as well! :) I plan to add some stiffening under the top ruffles so they stick up more. I got lots of nice comments on it when I wore it.

PinaforeDress3.JPG

RedHotRidinHood said:

PinaforeDress1.JPG

It wasn't quite as complicated as I thought it was going to be! The fabric, thread, buttons and bias tape were all from the same era...does that make it a vintage dress? Or, like my friend says, is it in a whole new category of "vintage"? It doesn't matter to me, because I love the dress very much. My beau likes it as well! :) I plan to add some stiffening under the top ruffles so they stick up more. I got lots of nice comments on it when I wore it.

PinaforeDress3.JPG

That is wonderful!!! I have had that pattern for years and have been wishing to make it. All my vintage patterns need to be graded in size and I'm not brave enough to do that yet.

PS

A-List Customer
RedHotRidinHood said:

PinaforeDress1.JPG

PinaforeDress3.JPG

Wow!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner