Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
kamikat said:
GoldwynGirl, I have that pattern but haven't made it because I was concerned about the high neckline.

I bought it too, and wasn't sure how well I'd like it made up. I sure am glad I bought it now that I see it in the flesh, so to speak. It's really cute. Great dress GG!

fluffy-tiger

New in Town
goldwyn girl, your dress is gorgeous and I LOVE the fabric. I have this pattern but have never made it as I am not sure how to solve the underwear problem bra wise. Does it have much support inside?

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
Thank you again everyone for your comments. Those of you with the pattern should make it up, I'm sure you won't be sorry. As for support, it has none built in I wear mine with a halter bra and it's fine.

The bra thing is the whole reason I haven't made that one yet...thanks for the info! You look lovely as a redhead and that dress is divine!!

lyburnum

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
fluffy-tiger, the bra's are amazing. I will have to find a pattern to make my own. I havn't been doing much sewing lately, mostly house stuff but I did want to show this dress
MADE.jpg

Which was from this pattern
B4512.jpg

Wow this dress looks amazing. I've looked at this pattern time and time again and have never really been convinced it would look that great. However seeing it made up you've changed my mind! I shall have in invest in it when I get more time.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Our dear ShooShooBaby suggested I make a skirt with patch pockets red top stitching and a front kick pleat out of this fabric....

lightdenim.jpg

I met her half way ;)

front-17.jpg

A skirt with a front kick pleat, inset pockets and red velvet applique!

This was fun, but my iron broke half way through the project (I dropped it...), so I had to go out and get a new one. So instead of this taking half a day it took most of the day!

frontdetail-3.jpg

Here is a detail of the center seam.

flowerdetail.jpg

Here are the flowers. I think the buttons are celluloid. They were old and crispy and needed a good washing first. I used some velvet scraps from an old project and wonder under (yay!) to hold it down so I could top stitch it. Gotta love that button hole stitch!

Thanks ladies!

LD

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Fluffy Tiger- Great work. I love the bras, they are so cute.
RHRH-I love Pinafore dresses and that look lovley on you.
Goldwyn Girl-You look great as always and I adore that fabric.
Kamikat-I really like your dress. Is it a vintage pattern. None of my old hawaiian dresses fit me anymore.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
IMAG0004_edited-1.jpg
IMAG0020_edited.jpg

IMAG0013_edited.jpg
IMAG0014_edited.jpg
IMAG0019_edited.jpg

I made these hats. My pics sort of suck so it's hard to tell what they look like.

IMAG0022_edited-1.jpg
IMAG0029_edited-1.jpg

This dress was supposed to have sleeves but I had trouble with the directions. The zippers a bit wonky and the dress clips are covering the part of the sleeve I messed up. I am going to try it again though in an easier to work with fabric.

sixsexsix

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
flowerdetail.jpg

Here are the flowers. I think the buttons are celluloid. They were old and crispy and needed a good washing first. I used some velvet scraps from an old project and wonder under (yay!) to hold it down so I could top stitch it. Gotta love that button hole stitch!

Thanks ladies!

LD

I love this! The flowers remind me of the poppies veterans sell around Remembrance Day

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
deadpandiva said:
IMAG0004_edited-1.jpg
IMAG0020_edited.jpg

IMAG0013_edited.jpg
IMAG0014_edited.jpg
IMAG0019_edited.jpg

I made these hats. My pics sort of suck so it's hard to tell what they look like.

IMAG0022_edited-1.jpg
IMAG0029_edited-1.jpg

This dress was supposed to have sleeves but I had trouble with the directions. The zippers a bit wonky and the dress clips are covering the part of the sleeve I messed up. I am going to try it again though in an easier to work with fabric.
Great hats! Great dress! You look beautiful! Even holding a camera...

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Double Compli-Mint...

DeadpanDiva Those hats are amazing!

CherryRed said:

CherryRed,
That is the cutest sweater!! Lucky baby! My sister has the hardest time using old patterns when she knits. Is there a trick to it??

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
Honey Doll said:
Finally... I started this last summer and just this past weekend found time and inclination to finish the hem! I loved this fabric...silk chiffon novelty print of ladies wearing hats and such....

img031.jpg

Honey Doll

I'm not sure if this question has already been asked Honey Doll, but do you have a pattern make & number that you made this from? Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy