Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Sunny, I LOVE that pattern and you did a good job with it (I think Miss1929 and I will be outside your house trying to break in for it!!! )

I'm 5' 9" too. All 30s patterns seem really long to start with but alot of them have huge hems on them to make them sit right. I made one that before I hemmed it was almost at my ankles!

I think this thread has started a Creative Renaisance.

Lotus Leroux

One of the Regulars
dollydaydream said:
The hat is kinda from a pattern, in that the flower bit is from the vintage vogue pattern I have. And that's about it!

Thanks for all the nice comments about my dress.

And Lotus; If I can manage a half decent dress that is wearable out of the house, there is hope for anyone! Get sewing :D

DDD, I actually finished a dress today...but it's from a modern pattern. I started another from a vintage DuBarry pattern but got fed up and put it down until tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have some stuff to post soon! Good work on your latest dress!

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Here's a 30s formal

Here's one I did for an event this Spring....just getting around now to uploading pics!

20080503_999_1.jpg
[/IMG]

Honey Doll

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wow, HD, thats fab!

3688.jpg

I finally got around to making the skirt from the retro 3688 pattern. I wanted a nice gored day skirt, OH BOY am I glad I looked at the finished garment measurements before I made this thing!

Their amount of ease is obscene. The smallest size in the pattern would give me 4 inches! GEEZE! So I did a lot of cutting down before I made it. Once I got the size worked out, literally, the skirt took two hours. To too easy.

full.jpg
goredetail.jpg

Also knocked out few more day shirts so I could use up some fabric.

front-29.jpg
front-28.jpg

Thanks all!

LD

ShortClara

One Too Many
Gorgeous HoneyDoll! Do you have any pics of you in that sassy little number?

Always amazing LD! Same for you - why is it we never get to see your flawless self in the clothes?

Here's the first dress I've posted here - from my earliest pattern. The first copyright on this Butterick is 1919 :) it only took 3 yards. The fabric is modern - picked up at a charity shop for $3. There only were 3 yards, so I'm tres happy. It ended up a little large - the pattern size was ripped off the envelope, but it was around a 40 or so. I had to take an extra tuck in the V neck when I was finished because my boobage was... er ... inadequate to the task. The flower covers it up. It's significantly shortened, as a 20s length makes me very stumpy.

c328_1.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0555-1.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
ShortClara said:

Always amazing LD! Same for you - why is it we never get to see your flawless self in the clothes?

Here's the first dress I've posted here - from my earliest pattern. The first copyright on this Butterick is 1919 :) it only took 3 yards. The fabric is modern - picked up at a charity shop for $3. There only were 3 yards, so I'm tres happy. It ended up a little large - the pattern size was ripped off the envelope, but it was around a 40 or so. I had to take an extra tuck in the V neck when I was finished because my boobage was... er ... inadequate to the task. The flower covers it up. It's significantly shortened, as a 20s length makes me very stumpy.

c328_1.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0555-1.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

Looks fantastic!

Smuterella

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Wow, HD, thats fab!

3688.jpg

I finally got around to making the skirt from the retro 3688 pattern. I wanted a nice gored day skirt, OH BOY am I glad I looked at the finished garment measurements before I made this thing!

Their amount of ease is obscene. The smallest size in the pattern would give me 4 inches! GEEZE! So I did a lot of cutting down before I made it. Once I got the size worked out, literally, the skirt took two hours. To too easy.

full.jpg
goredetail.jpg

Also knocked out few more day shirts so I could use up some fabric.

front-29.jpg
front-28.jpg

Thanks all!

LD

I have that simplicity pattern and am thinking about putting the skirt together as a mock up before I actually try it properly (I'm still learning and very slowly) but I'm releived to hear that its easy...! Even though, from an expert like you that probably doesn't mean much...

how does it hang, is it flattering?

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
3688.jpg

LD

That's why I always check the finished measurements! It's amazing how much ease they put into a garment that is supposed to be quite fitted! I just finished one of the other Simplicity retro patterns, and they had added 4 inches too! I needed to go down a size to what I usually use!!

But it's good to know, as I have that pattern too, and have been contemplating the skirt! :D

ShortClara said:

c328_1.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0555-1.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

Clara that dress is wonderful! And the buckle!!! Is it vintage? Love it!

LD you are literally a sewing machine!!!;)

ShortClara

One Too Many
CherryRed said:
Clara that dress is wonderful! And the buckle!!! Is it vintage? Love it!

Yes! If you mosey on over to the vintage belts thread in this room you can see I got a whole lot of them. :)

Thanks so much everyone! I'm wearing my dress today!

Honey Doll

Practically Family
USO fashion show pieces

I already posted a pic of my cig girl look on a separate thread. I did a number of pieces for a fashion show at the Geneseo air show this past weekend. All together I made 11 outfits and styled 17 girls! Its been a lot of work...so I haven't been spending too much time in the lounge. I hope to get caught up soon!

Here's some pics....

20080709_999_7.jpg
[/IMG]

20080709_999_6.jpg
[/IMG]

20080709_999_4.jpg
[/IMG]

20080709_999_5.jpg
[/IMG]

20080709_999_2.jpg
[/IMG]

20080709_999_10.jpg
[/IMG]

Honey Doll

Last_Chael said:
That's why I always check the finished measurements! It's amazing how much ease they put into a garment that is supposed to be quite fitted! I just finished one of the other Simplicity retro patterns, and they had added 4 inches too! I needed to go down a size to what I usually use!!

But it's good to know, as I have that pattern too, and have been contemplating the skirt! :D

Haha I have this pattern too. For the trousers mainly. Should be interesting when I finally decide to make them then

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran