Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
hotrod_elf said:
Heres a detail of the top
2902846918_27fb95fd9b.jpg

That is SUPERCUTE!!! Great detail. Oh, how I wish I could do sleeveless. Are you gonna make/wear a belt for/with it?

LD

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
I dont know? I'm making a jacket to go with it. I think I will make a belt in the red plaid and see how it looks. The jacket is going to be the red plaid with black detailing.

Do you think it needs a belt?

Oh Thank you by the way.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The jacket might be enough. I dont think you *need* a belt, it looks swell the way it is. A belt other than black may be too much? I dont know...

LD

miss_elise

Practically Family
so i made my husband this zoot suit... i think it's pretty good for my first attempt at tailoring...it's not quite right, but i think it's pretty good

PA020098.jpg
PA020099.jpg

P9270043.jpg
P9270018.jpg

and i know this isn't quite vintage, but i made this costume for my birthday party i just had...
P9270014.jpg

just wanted to share...oh, and i made the wig as well...

Odalisque

A-List Customer
miss_elise said:
P9270014.jpg

just wanted to share...oh, and i made the wig as well...

Miss Elise, I love your outfit! I have a thing for Rococo fashion. And you did such a good job on the wig! I do a bit of wig styling as well.
Or did you mean you actually made yours from scratch?

Inky

One Too Many
Here's a couple of crocheted snoods I made recently from the 1942 Perky Snood pattern available here.

2906845609_d8a6c7030e.jpg

They were pretty simple to do, I used some worsted weight yarn that i had on hand and some grosgrain ribbon bows that are just pinned on.

Now when I have enough hair, I'll be prepared for snoody goodness!

miss_elise

Practically Family
Odalisque said:
Miss Elise, I love your outfit! I have a thing for Rococo fashion. And you did such a good job on the wig! I do a bit of wig styling as well.
Or did you mean you actually made yours from scratch?
no, not quite that talented... just styled it...

i actually got two different wigs and put them together...

miss_elise

Practically Family
LelaViavonie said:
WOw! That is amazing.. you look soo good! How did you make the wig? Just curious :eusa_doh:
i got a long curly blonde wig and a long straight blonde wig... stuffed the straight one with some stuffing and pinned it to the crown of the curly wig and then pulled the curly hair over the top... IYKWIM...

i actually sort of followed a youtube video except that girl was doing it with a person's actual hair..not a wig...lol

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Inky said:
Here's a couple of crocheted snoods I made recently from the 1942 Perky Snood pattern available here.

They were pretty simple to do, I used some worsted weight yarn that i had on hand and some grosgrain ribbon bows that are just pinned on.

:eek:

Drool...
I want them! I so need some snoods!!! Would you be willing to set up a trade for something....:)

LD

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Inky said:

These look fantastic! I actually tried to make a snood from the same pattern but I had difficulty reading the pattern. I'm just a newbie at crochet. How long have you been doing crochet?

Inky

One Too Many
MarieAnne said:
These look fantastic! I actually tried to make a snood from the same pattern but I had difficulty reading the pattern. I'm just a newbie at crochet. How long have you been doing crochet?

Thanks MarieAnne. I have been crocheting off-and-on since my greatgrandmother taught me when I was 8, so 40 years now. But really I am not good at pattern reading, so I totally understand where you are coming from. Try these additional notes for the Perky Snood from another crocheter that include an image of her blocking the piece that shows what it looks like as you crochet it.

http://qctester.wordpress.com/2006/12/23/perky-snood/

I didn't block mine, probably should have, but I think I still can if I want to.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Inky said:

Those are beautiful! I would love to make one, but I don't have quite enough hair to wear a snood... I keep my hair shorter than shoulder length, so I don't think the snood would be very becoming...Can you wear a snood with short hair?

Odalisque

A-List Customer
maggiethespy said:
Those are beautiful! I would love to make one, but I don't have quite enough hair to wear a snood... I keep my hair shorter than shoulder length, so I don't think the snood would be very becoming...Can you wear a snood with short hair?

My hair is above my shoulders and I still wear a snood. Key is to curl your hair. That gives your hair enough volume to actually fill out the snood and makes it loook like you've got more hair that you really do. Or another trick is do like some of the Ladies here and use a hair piece to fill it out.

Check out this thread. All snoods, all the time ;)
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=10833&highlight=snoods

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Odalisque said:
My hair is above my shoulders and I still wear a snood. Key is to curl your hair. That gives your hair enough volume to actually fill out the snood and makes it loook like you've got more hair that you really do. Or another trick is do like some of the Ladies here and use a hair piece to fill it out.

Check out this thread. All snoods, all the time ;)
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=10833&highlight=snoods

Thank you! That was so helpful ;) I might just have to dig out some yarn and a hook and get started on one of my own now!

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Inky said:
Thanks MarieAnne. I have been crocheting off-and-on since my greatgrandmother taught me when I was 8, so 40 years now. But really I am not good at pattern reading, so I totally understand where you are coming from. Try these additional notes for the Perky Snood from another crocheter that include an image of her blocking the piece that shows what it looks like as you crochet it.

http://qctester.wordpress.com/2006/12/23/perky-snood/

I didn't block mine, probably should have, but I think I still can if I want to.

Thank you so much for the great link! I'll definitely have to give it another try..

Inky said:

I just made a couple of those in fall colors for my etsy shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot