Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

laurakitty

Familiar Face
Lauren said:
I made this sailor playsuit last week and got to wear it yesterday in the blistering heat of Redlands, Ca. Haha! I NEVER wear shorts, but I like the way these came out :)
sailor01.jpg

sailor07.jpg

I'm dying! That's amazing! Can you scan in the pattern envelope so I know what to look out for? I need to get my sewing skills up to snuff so I can make that- unless you want to make it for me? I'll pay very, very well for it!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Am I the only one who thinks looking like an "old lady" is a good thing?? lol I use that phrase to describe myself all the time! I like to call myself a "young old lady." ;)

December

One of the Regulars
Amy Jeanne said:
Am I the only one who thinks looking like an "old lady" is a good thing?? lol I use that phrase to describe myself all the time! I like to call myself a "young old lady." ;)

I do exactly the same thing! I love it when chavs in the street say I look like an old lady.

You girls are all so talented. I tried making a dress a couple of months ago but it all went horribly wrong. It probably doesn't help that my sewing machine is broken.

I have a few vintage patterns from ebay, I just never get round to trying them out.

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Lauren!

That sailor playsuit is incredibly cute on you! did you post a pic of the pattern you made it from?

also, I'm nearly finished with a dress out of that same Mexican hat fabric that I bought out of you ebay shop....I'll post some pics if I ever find the time to sew the buttons on it!

Honey Doll

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
COOL! I want to see pics of that! I would love to see what you made from the fabric :)
Yes, I posted a pic just a bit ago on the Show Us Your Patterns thread.
And thanks!

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
That playsuit is amazing, please post the pattern! And with the color of that dress being so vibrant, there is no way it is old ladyish. Just wear some sexy heels and see what he says then!

swinggal

One Too Many
Shirin said:
Too cute! I love that combo. I am really pining for that pattern!

Thanks all. I found the legs not wide enough on the pattern so I altered them. I also gave them cuffs which makes them look a bit more finished and classy.

Laura, that playsuit is awesome. Please post the cover if you can. I'd LOVE to make one. What fabric did you use? Looks like nice flowly navy linen.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks again :)
I used a lightweight denim for them. It's nice because, as a friend put it "You could roll down a hill and they'd be fine"... and I wouldn't put it past myself to do that lol
I posted the pattern cover here. I did modify it a bit so the shorts could be worn with more looks, but I think this is one of my favorite patterns I have :)

swinggal

One Too Many
Ah yes!!! The elusive pattern I have been trying to buy for years!!! I posted a 'wanted' on this one ages ago in the wanted pattern thread. Cool!

They come up on ebay sometimes but never in my size :(

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Amy Jeanne said:

I like the term 'Young Fogies'! lol. Most of my friends, and myself, I'd describe that way. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Made these this morning:

5209_104478404163_624014163_2147878_2777426_n.jpg

lol lol lol
I just never look good in 30s/40s trousers so I won't be making any more. These remind me of a pair of Skidz I used to have! Remember those?

From this:

n624014163_1581857_2506737.jpg

I really wanted to make these trousers into something I can wear to work, but they are 100% pajamas and will be worn as pajamas come winter! Oh well!

zendy

A-List Customer
I think those are cute. are they flannel? is that why they are jammies? if they aren't flannel, you should wear them.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
AJ, have you tried them with a twin set? The only way I can wear 30s/40s trousers is with a low cut tanktop and cardigan. I think maybe a suit jacket would have the same effect.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Zendy -- thanks! I made them from a linen/poly blend. Hence trying to make them "professional."

kamikat -- I can give it a try, but the crotch hangs down way too low (like pyjamas.) I would feel like I was wearing MC Hammer pants to work lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy