Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
My sewing on this is very messy and I should have wired the back. I wired the front only. You can't see the mistakes if you don't look too closly so I am keeping this one.

c99521080b12.jpg
f380a1de8f2a.jpg
54e6013e828f.jpg

Lorena B

Practically Family
Holly Cow!!! i stop looking in this thread and the next thing i see is all this professionalism!! i don't know where to start.
LD, i just looove that underwear, if you don't mention you made then yourself, i would have thought they were vintage.
Smutterella, that hat also looks like if it were bought, is just brilliant, i am hoping to get into a millinery course once i get back to UK.
Amy Jeanne, that dress is gorgeous, and i am sure your client will be delighted with it and will order more from you.
GG, that dress is brilliant, i wish i could wear satin myself.
Lauren, well, what can i say about you, i always love anything you make, it just looks so in the era and when you use printing you always choose amazing ones.
DPDiva, Your hats are fabulous and so feminine, i just love then.
Spycho Sue, that dress is great, i love the print, is such a darling design!!!
I have made myself just little stuff, like an skirt, a possible New Year's dress and a bolero, not much due to lack of motivation :( caused for my actual situation but soon that will be sorted.

I hope to post the pics of these last ones soon.

Hestia

Familiar Face
Wrap dresses take over the world!

I seem to be on a wrap-dress kick. They are pretty fun, but I'll stop now! I made a walkaway last month, and now just finished this little number:

4154045802_544930d9d8.jpg

It's a Swirl-style wrap with a button at the back neck. A 1971 pattern, but I don't get a very 70's vibe off it; I'm just planning on ignoring that date.

These taupe stockings were my grandmother's favorite color of hosiery; she left a whole drawer of stockings and pantyhose in this color when she died. I don't often see pictures of people wearing taupe stockings, but she was devoted to it!

Credits to Noodle, my furry photo-shoot assistant.

Hestia

Familiar Face
Thank you Lauren and Inky! It's always so flattering to get compliments from people whose work I admire.

And that's not a matching kerchief, just a cream-colored one. But that's a good idea! I was actually planning on making a headband out of the scraps, maybe I'll see if there's enough for a kerchief.

cecil

A-List Customer
deadpandiva said:
My sewing on this is very messy and I should have wired the back. I wired the front only. You can't see the mistakes if you don't look too closly so I am keeping this one.

c99521080b12.jpg
f380a1de8f2a.jpg
54e6013e828f.jpg

That's gorgeous! I love it!

I<3Tiki

New in Town
exquisitebones said:
This is actually for a blog post I am working on.. but here is my latest failure in pants.... HUGE crotch... the rise is sky high.. [huh]
4090767717_a0b988373d.jpg

HAHA! :) Those look almost just like the pants that I had to wear when I worked in Guest Services at Universal Studios Orlando a few years ago - same color and everything (actually, I think mine might have had an even lower crotch if you can believe it) except I don't think those pants were supposed to look like that on me. I think the uniforms just didn't come in the smaller sizes, so they just took bigger ones and took in the waist & hemmed them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24