Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Miss_Becky said:
Do you think you could cut out a new yoke piece in black and re-sew it?

It would be too much work to make the sleeves over again. Im lazy when it comes to alterations :) But it is something to think about. Great minds think alike :)

LD

Bettys Closet

New in Town
SayCici....

SayCici said:
There should be fabric suggestions on the back of the envelope. I think satin or chiffon would be nice.

Maybe i should read before posting.... thanks for the quick advice!
Found some lovely red crepe. have already made up the skirt. will post some pics when its all finished. Thanks again ;)

goldwyn girl

One Too Many

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
Inky said:
lovely work all of you talented ladies!!

AmyJeane that dress looks great - I am sure your friend will love it! I love the sleeves!!

Lauren - what a perfect look for you - so comfy yet totally pulled together!!

Smuterella - that hat looks so professional! You should keep up with the hat making when you can!

PsychoSue - love that fabric and great use of scraps! I keep mine and never find I do anything with them.

I spent some time in the fabric store on Saturday, so hopefully I can put the sewing machine back on the dining room table now that the guests are gone!!

Edited to add:

It takes me so long to finish anything I forgot I finally got a picture of the hubby (in his best Sears Catalog pose) modeling the Day of the Dead shirt I made him for his birthday (in September) that I finally finished a couple of weeks ago!!)

4147380931_906d3e9926.jpg

This is Kwik Sew's 3484, size XL, no alterations. In store-bought he wears an XXL but that was just too big according to Kwik Sew's measurments. Amazingly enough I did not have to lengthen the body or sleeves for his 6'3" frame. He loves it and we purchased some fabric to make another shirt from a 1945 vintage pattern I purchased from our very own Lauren.

Love this, and good to know about the sizing, my hubby is a store-bought size XXL too, so I think this may be what he's getting for his birthday in March. That's long enough after we move.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
TheSwingingBee said:
Love this, and good to know about the sizing, my hubby is a store-bought size XXL too, so I think this may be what he's getting for his birthday in March. That's long enough after we move.

I've made multiples of that pattern and love each one. My DH is a DaVinci's L but the KwikSew L is too big and the M is too small. Right now, I'm making him sorta M 1/2, in between M and L.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
While I like the idea of sportswear, I don't think this look works for me. I might have to stick to 40s trousers for my casual looks. I was just so excited to find a trouser pattern in a 44.
4171892581_0ea115d750.jpg

4083181787_b1a38911f1.jpg

Bettys Closet

New in Town
Kamikat...

But its so cute! hehe. love the leopard flats too, very nice. I just love the patterns you choose :D

kamikat said:
While I like the idea of sportswear, I don't think this look works for me. I might have to stick to 40s trousers for my casual looks. I was just so excited to find a trouser pattern in a 44.
4171892581_0ea115d750.jpg

4083181787_b1a38911f1.jpg

Hestia

Familiar Face

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Ah, I thought I'd posted something about it, but couldn't remember....

It is a really nice pattern. Shame the pic I posted is a bit washed out. Haven't got a better one. The ruffles are lovely in action when you're dancing but hard to see in the photos. I certainly feel very glamorous wearing it!

Miss_Becky

Familiar Face
Lady Day said:
It would be too much work to make the sleeves over again. Im lazy when it comes to alterations :) But it is something to think about. Great minds think alike :)

LD

I hear ya on being lazy with alterations. I just hate taking out all those tiny, sometimes perfectly sewn stitches :mad:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
hollywood1227.jpg

Made a nice shirt jacket kinda thing out of this patten. I raised the neckline and its still too wide, so I gotta raise it again next time I make it up.
I like that this 40s blouse has a pleat in the back. It needs shoulder pads, but I dont care.

front-13.jpg

detail-3.jpg

Wood buttons, yay!!

back-8.jpg

LD

bunny chan

Familiar Face
Tonight asked my granparents if they can help me sewing a vintage dress, as I'm not able at all!
They're quite old now, but granpa always sewed good dress, for him or granma, and also for other people sometimes!

So, I'm going to buy a pattern soon and realize it with them! I think it will be also a good way to spend time together: I know it will make them happy!!

I'm really looking forword to show you the result!!!

B.

Sickofitcindy

One of the Regulars
bunny chan said:
Tonight asked my granparents if they can help me sewing a vintage dress, as I'm not able at all!
They're quite old now, but granpa always sewed good dress, for him or granma, and also for other people sometimes!

So, I'm going to buy a pattern soon and realize it with them! I think it will be also a good way to spend time together: I know it will make them happy!!

I'm really looking forword to show you the result!!!

B.
I'm sure your grandparents will be very happy to help with you. My noni taught me to sew 13 years ago. I know spending that time means alot to the both of us. Can't wait to sew what you make!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit