Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

SayCici

Practically Family
This doesn't look too impressive from the pictures, but I made this dress from start to finish yesterday:
december2009021.jpg

december2009022.jpg

The contrast red was actually an accident, I didn't have enough fabric. As you can see, I put no effort into matching the plaid, I just had to fit all the pieces onto what I had! haha

And two little Christmas presents for my niece:
december2009025.jpg

SayCici

Practically Family
Elise said:
I like colors a lot, and the fabric seems to be very flowing, is it wool?
It's actually just 100% cotton flannel from JoAnn's. :)

Thanks everyone!! I'm probably going to wear it on Christmas.

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
A few things I've made lately...

12_06_09a.jpg

This is one of my favorite outfits this year! lol. The skirt is a gray wool made from an early 40s pattern. The cashmere cardigan is one that I refashioned (it was way too big, and the sleeves were longer) to fit better.

12_18_09e.jpg

12_18_09c.jpg

The green dress is from one of the new designs in the Colette Patterns line (Ceylon dress). I love that it's got such a 40s silhouette and look! I'm planning on wearing this one Christmas Day! :) I wrote a post about it on my blog, if anyone is interested...

Lillemor

One Too Many
SK85, those are stunning! I like that the green dress nearly matches the bookcase. I really like both the color and cut of the green dress.

Lillemor

One Too Many
SayCici said:
This doesn't look too impressive from the pictures, but I made this dress from start to finish yesterday:
december2009021.jpg

december2009022.jpg

december2009025.jpg

The red accents are very pretty.

I LOVE everything in plaid! Unfortunately I can't sew so I'm snapping up every skirt, jacket and dress in plaid I see. Ditto gingham.:eek:fftopic:

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
Lillemor said:
SK85, those are stunning! I like that the green dress nearly matches the bookcase. I really like both the color and cut of the green dress.

Thank you! I think the color must have been floating around in my subconscious when I picked out the fabric... I painted those bookcases nearly a year ago. lol

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I made some baby and kids clothes as presents from vintage patterns. There are so many fun retro style prints to choose from! Made me want adult versions. lol
melaniedress3.jpg

victoriadress2.jpg

baby2.jpg

baby3.jpg

policejumper.jpg

policejumper2.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL