Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Coopsgirl

New in Town
Both those outfits are very cute Swingkitten 85 :). I've got a couple patterns to get to after the holidays. I don't know how to sew but my Mom is a whiz at it and she's going to help me with them. One is a suit from 1931 and the other is an Advance pattern day dress from '46.

I've been wanting to try my hand at a fascinator and here's my first one. I'm going to wear it at Christmas. My camera batteries ran out of charge before I could take a pic of the back, It's on green felt with a clip hot glued to it.

IMG_5065.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Lauren, I love all three of these. By chance, did you make little bloomers to go under them as well? I've been stocking up on dress/bloomers sets for my little one. :)

Lorena B

Practically Family
Sweetkitten85, i love it all but specially the green dress.
Lauren, all that stuff looks amazing, i love them all, i find the little baby shoes sooo cute!!!
Coopsgirl, that fascinator is sooo Christmas-ish, is just great.
Cici, i love the dress and the color contrast.

Elise

New in Town
Wow, so many beautiful dresses and clothes and accessories, you're all very good at sewing, it's a pleasure to see these dresses.
For the moment I've just made two dresses and one pencil skirt.
Noting really amazing but I take the plunge, I show you :
A skirt from this vintage pattern :

A dress from another vintage pattern :

And a dress from a Vogue pattern :

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks, gals, for the comments on the kids clothes I made. I hope they like them! It's kind of fun having kids to sew for- I started really sewing when I made doll clothes, so it's kind of like returning to childhood in a way for me- but they go on actually living kids! lol
Babydoll, I didn't make bloomers, unfortunately. Ran out of fabric! Oh well. [huh]
Elise, I love that skirt! What a great flattering cut to it. Lovely things!
Coopsgirl, that's charming! I was considering making something similar as a pin, but yours is much more elegant than what I was thinking of making. Love the feathers! It will be such a lovely fascinator!

Shirin

A-List Customer
swingkitten85 said:
A few things I've made lately...

12_06_09a.jpg

This is one of my favorite outfits this year! lol. The skirt is a gray wool made from an early 40s pattern. The cashmere cardigan is one that I refashioned (it was way too big, and the sleeves were longer) to fit better.

12_18_09e.jpg

12_18_09c.jpg

The green dress is from one of the new designs in the Colette Patterns line (Ceylon dress). I love that it's got such a 40s silhouette and look! I'm planning on wearing this one Christmas Day! :) I wrote a post about it on my blog, if anyone is interested...

Oh WOW~~!!! I'm totally ♥ with the green dress! Amazing! The other outfit is also cute, but that dress is just gorgeous. No offense to the dress on the website where the pattern is sold, but your completed dress is ten times better than the one pictured.

Shirin

A-List Customer
Bettys Closet said:
I really need ideas for fabric for this pattern
http://images.patternreview.com/sewing/patterns/simplicity/5876/5876.jpg

i am a bit limited for choice so maybe something that is common.
it needs to be quite light i guess, so it falls nicely...
any hints>???
thanks ladies

I almost bought that pattern on ebay a few months ago. I would think it would be amazing in a nice medium weight crepe, with chiffon ruffles.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Lauren,

The dressed turned out fantastic! I love the plaid fabric and the button detailing along the neck and on the pockets really finishes the look. You had to make those yourself, didn't you? Nice job...have fun wearing it!

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
Shirin said:
Oh WOW~~!!! I'm totally ♥ with the green dress! Amazing! The other outfit is also cute, but that dress is just gorgeous. No offense to the dress on the website where the pattern is sold, but your completed dress is ten times better than the one pictured.
I agree...I was totally turned off from the pattern because in their version the buttons are way off center, but now I might need to rethink it. Did you adjust the buttons? I can't tell because you didn't take a straight on shot.

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
Shirin & DPD: *blushes* Thank you both!

miss_smith said:
I agree...I was totally turned off from the pattern because in their version the buttons are way off center, but now I might need to rethink it. Did you adjust the buttons? I can't tell because you didn't take a straight on shot.

I didn't adjust the buttons at all. The only things I adjusted was for my small bust (the line is purposely drafted to cater to ladies with C+ cup sizes. I'm on the petite side, so I always have to make adjustments!), and I also evened up the hemline a bit. Since this was a test pattern, I don't know yet if the latter was corrected in the final pattern (since I only have the test pattern!). However, otherwise, I didn't redo anything else! :) I actually think next time I might just go down a size in the bodice, since even the shoulders are a smidge big for me...

HTH! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL