Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

BoPeep

Practically Family
kamikat said:
LD, very nice! And I applaud your patience for working with that fabric!!! I hate sewing any kind of filmy chiffon type fabric.

ditto on the chiffon fabric - I'll stick with good ole cotton. I love it accented with red!

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
LD; I love that fabric on you. Sweet dress!
Deadpandiva; Gorgeous! Between you and Cici, now I have to order that Eva Dress pattern. I love that it looks completely different in different fabrics.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Lady Day said:
photo2.jpg

I like the saluting pic on your blog better.

Miss_Becky

Familiar Face
LadyDay, you and the dress are beautiful!
I like the length, it's very fresh...after seeing A LOT of super short mini dresses and skirts lately ( "vintage"! and modern) it's nice to see a long skirt.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Aw thanks ladies (and gent). You all know how to make a gal feel special.
I finally finished the bolero I wanted to wear with it. I could not *resist* that pocket on the shoulder dart, *swoon*.

8847B.jpg
frontw.jpg

I also finished the DuBarry suit.

5355.jpg
back.jpg

The back is just as cool as the front :)

There are a few more updates, all in the usual places :)
Yay sewing!

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks ladies :)

kamikat, thats just a really lucky picture :eek: Its a bit too darted for my general tastes being its got a post war bodice. Maybe if I make it again, Ill soften those.

LD

BoPeep

Practically Family
It's always neat to see what you've done LadyDay. Your pieces are very classy and distinctive - who else has a hankie peeking from their shoulder?! lol

I'm going to keep the ball rolling with a pair of overalls I did recently. This was my first crack at this pattern. I added some extra darts and tried to fit the bodice a bit more, but it's still a bit poofy for my tastes. I think I've become uber-picky on fit lately - a horrible side effect of never wearing off-the-rack clothing. The fabric is a bottomweight poly blend with awesome drape. Next pair will be in a print though to hide all my darts!

3008.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg
IMG_2135.jpg

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
Gals, such lovely pieces the bolero and overalls, such talent!! You may drive me out of my sewing lull yet with such gorgeous clothes :) :)

Smuterella

One Too Many
I love the colour of those overalls!

I thought I'd give you all a giggle and show you my first attempt at knitting, I'm actually quite pleased despite the dropped stitches as today I have learned to cast on, purl, knit, double and single rib and reduce, increase and cast off (eventually - as you can see the first attempt at that here...).

Though this looks rather pathetic for the 5 hours time I have spent today!

2010_03280014.jpg

lol

zendy

A-List Customer
I'M BACK

Hey all, I've been gone for about 3 months, and I've spent the better part of an hour catching up on all the lovely things you gals have made. Just wanted to say they are all fabulous! Way to go! Now I gotta catch up.:eek:

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
Bo Peep, love them overalls! I was considering trying the EvaDress pattern that's close to this one but now I'm torn between that one and this one. *SIGH*

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day- I love that bolero.
Bopeep- I had my eye on that pattern. You did a fabulous job.

Sorry for the poor quality pictures.This are all my recent projects.
734b2691a391.jpg
9ecd1a401e0d.jpg

This green dress makes me feel a little like Ava Gardner. The pockets are a mess though.
7a4e7d3d9e4d.jpg
b9aff6bc6680.jpg

This dress highlights my pair shape but I don't care. I love it. If I gain even a pound I won't be able to fit it.
4aaad2a74320.jpg
48ea2360ecca-1.jpg

BZKbjgmkKGrHgoH-DoEjlLlzR4BKlWHtIsV.jpg

The blue flowered dress was made from the above pattern. The fabric was so hard to work with and I had initally given up on the dress half way through. The busy pattern masks some of the mistakes but also hides the pretty details. It 's made from vintage dress fabric and my sister thought it was a vintage dress. I think I will add shoulder pads.

eedfb340a747.jpg

SayCici

Practically Family
Wow, DPD! I really love everything, the green dress is perfection. Seeing you in your EvaDress jumper really makes me want to re-make it again with better fabric choices, you look so chic.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
bettydarling said:
Gals, such lovely pieces..., such talent!! You may drive me out of my sewing lull yet with such gorgeous clothes :) :)

AGREED! Haven't sewn in a month or so. Haven't visited this thread in about that long, but in catching up on it I want to break out the needles again!!!

BoPeep

Practically Family
deadpandiva said:
b9aff6bc6680.jpg

This dress highlights my pair shape but I don't care. I love it. If I gain even a pound I won't be able to fit it.

What a great variety! I love the styling on this one in particular! Vintage dresses had such great detailing. I tend to stay away from reproducing shirtwaist dresses and the like. If you're going to sew something, it should be unique.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points