Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Just picked this up today, a 1927 Smith & Wesson Hand Ejector in .44 Special. A couple of quick pics from the work bench.
192744002.jpg

192744001.jpg
That is beautiful! I love the old classic wheel guns. Enjoy and happy shooting.

Kirk H.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Johnny, I know what you mean. I have waited a long time to find one that good. Now for a Tyler T grip for it and a proper vintage holster.

Bohemian, You're not set up for PMs yet pal. Email me at the address on my sig.
I saw your comment on the vintage holster. Have looked at Bell Charter Oak Holsters. The company is owned by Bill "lefty" Lewis who learned the trade from the late Chic Gaylord. They make some great vintage looking field holsters.

Kirk H.

Man of Vintage

A-List Customer
I own a Remington Rolling Block 1902, model #5. I'll try to get some photos posted later tonight. You loungers have some great guns I must say! Very fun to browse through.

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
VERY nice Smith, Deacon! VERY NICE! I'm officially jealous!!!!!! All I have is an old Model 10 and a 5" Victory Model.....

Renault Sahib
Only a Model 10 and 5" Victory Model?! The only vintage guns I have (shooting) access to is the previously mentioned "Radom VIS model 35" and a small .22short revolver my aunt has similar to this
21IeYnzNaSL.jpg

but with (formerly) white grips. [I don't recall who made it, I'll have to check this week and see if I can't get up a photo of it...] Neither of which belong to me, so if you want to know a jealous person... ;) especially jealous of Levallois and Deacon! Thank you both for submitting so many pics of so many guns!

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Seeking a functional replica navy revolver, ca 1870s. Also a Dutch Model Beaumont Vitali Rifle, 19th century.

Is Cabelas my only source for the former? And where would I find the other ... just antique sites / ebay / etc?

Renault

One Too Many
Probably the easiest spot to find a Beaumont would be on Gunbroker.com You just have to keep watching each week.

If you are refering to a Repro 1851 Colt Navy. They ought to be a dime a dozen, new and used. Try Cimmaron Arms. They have a website. Just google away......

Renault

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
My next door neighbor bought one of these monsters. It is chambered in .45-70. Last weekend, we took it shooting. After he had fired it a few times, he handed the gun to me. I did my best to hold the muzzle steady, but the darned thing is as heavy as a cement block. When I was finally satisfied with my sight picture I squeezed the trigger. BOOOM! I was wearing ear protection, but the concussion was like someone had hit me in the chest with his fist.

I handed the pistol back.

Tom asked if I didn't want to shoot it some more. I politely declined and told him that I liked playing guitar too much to shoot it again....ever.

AF

handgun-revolver-magnum-research-bfr4570-4570-10in-ss.jpg

Story

I'll Lock Up
Seeking a functional replica navy revolver, ca 1870s. Also a Dutch Model Beaumont Vitali Rifle, 19th century.

Is Cabelas my only source for the former? And where would I find the other ... just antique sites / ebay / etc?

Check your PMs, I sent you a good lead.

Cabelas is generally way overpriced - although I did pick up a 1926 Browning Auto-5 in 16 gauge, mis-marked 12 gauge.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
201017133654-w6511tar-7806_ms.jpg

What the heck is this ... and where do I get one? Looks perfect for 19th century safari gear.

It looks like a howdah pistol. And you are right it is perfect 19th century safari gear. They were large calibre and used in colonial India for hunting tigers as well as self defence against large game. I am not sure if any companies are making reproduction ones or not.

Regards

Kirk H.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner