Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
David and Pedersoli makes a howdah replica (muzzleloading). Pretty cheap and looks like fun!

Renaut: very nice Lebel, I've had a desire for some years to own a 1873 Service Revolver, but been concentrating on other firearms at the moment. One day.

Renault

One Too Many
David and Pedersoli makes a howdah replica (muzzleloading). Pretty cheap and looks like fun!

Renaut: very nice Lebel, I've had a desire for some years to own a 1873 Service Revolver, but been concentrating on other firearms at the moment. One day.

Merci, Chasseur!

Ah yes, 1873 Ordinance Revolver dit "The Camel Killer!" LOL! Several of my copains have them! What makes the 1892 model nice is that Fiocchi offer's ammo for the 8mm revolver again! Available thru places like Midway.

I've always thought a true Howdah in say .577 Boxer would be the bee's knees!

Renault

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
Safari guns

.... I've always thought a true Howdah in say .577 Boxer would be the bee's knees!

Renault

You got me looking for them now! lol. I found this on another forum while searching
standard.jpg
.577 Boxer revolver!

still hunting for a modern made howdah-style pistol that fires shells... I know they're out there, but frequently people confuse them with type II "sawed-off" shotguns...

Renault

One Too Many
Hey? Does anyone like P-08's?????? I had wanted one ever since the days of Sgt. Saunder's and "Combat" on TV, waaaaay back! Didn't want a real collector, but a shooter. I got the opportunity to catch this one two years ago! It's an awesome shooter.

Oh yeah, the M1935 (.32 ACP) Beretta is Wifey's. She collects .32 autos! Thought I'd just throw it in the pic too!
100_2678.jpg

Renault

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Hey? Does anyone like P-08's?????? I had wanted one ever since the days of Sgt. Saunder's and "Combat" on TV, waaaaay back! Didn't want a real collector, but a shooter. I got the opportunity to catch this one two years ago! It's an awesome shooter.

Oh yeah, the M1935 (.32 ACP) Beretta is Wifey's. She collects .32 autos! Thought I'd just throw it in the pic too!

100_2678.jpg

Renault

Renault, those are beautiful. I have always had a fascination with the P-08, but they have always been way out of my price range when I have encountered them. I am glad you were able to get a "shooter". Thanks for posting.

Kirk H.

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
Nice set Renault.....You guys are gonna cry! My grandfather gave me a Luger when I was oh 9. He kept it for me but it was mine to take apart and shoot. I started shooting it when I was 13 or so.

It had all matching numbers with the exception of the magazines. NO import marks. Get this. My dad ran a gas station in the late 60's. A GI needed gas had no money and gave the Luger to my dad. My dad, not a gun guy gave it to my grandfather who gave it to me. I carried it for years up to the Reading WWII weekend every June. the Nazi guys went ape over it. Anyway the sad part (not really). I traded it for a mint garand.
the luger was fun to shoot and strip, it had no family history other than me taking it into the woods to shoot. My grandfathers brother was in the Panzer corp, was killed in 44. I used to tell people it was Uncle Joseph's. But some GI brought it back to the states in the late 60's and needed gas. I really wanted a Garand soooo
It was BYF (mauser) marked 42.

Last edited:

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Nice set Renault.....You guys are gonna cry! My grandfather gave me a Luger when I was oh 9. He kept it for me but it was mine to take apart and shoot. I started shooting it when I was 13 or so.

It had all matching numbers with the exception of the magazines. NO import marks. Get this. My dad ran a gas station in the late 60's. A GI needed gas had no money and gave the Luger to my dad. My dad, not a gun guy gave it to my grandfather who gave it to me. I carried it for years up to the Reading WWII weekend every June. the Nazi guys went ape over it. Anyway the sad part (not really). I traded it for a mint garand.
the luger was fun to shoot and strip, it had no family history other than me taking it into the woods to shoot. My grandfathers brother was in the Panzer corp, was killed in 44. I used to tell people it was Uncle Joseph's. But some GI brought it back to the states in the late 60's and needed gas. I really wanted a Garand soooo

Garands are nice too.

Renault

One Too Many

The MAIN thing is you have something now you've always wanted!!!!!

Good story!

Renault

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
Only a Model 10 and 5" Victory Model?! The only vintage guns I have (shooting) access to is the previously mentioned "Radom VIS model 35" and a small .22short revolver my aunt has similar to this
21IeYnzNaSL.jpg

but with (formerly) white grips. [I don't recall who made it, I'll have to check this week and see if I can't get up a photo of it...] Neither of which belong to me, so if you want to know a jealous person... ;) especially jealous of Levallois and Deacon! Thank you both for submitting so many pics of so many guns!

I looked at it, it says GP 10, possibly Ruger?

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Hey? Does anyone like P-08's?????? Didn't want a real collector, but a shooter. I got the opportunity to catch this one two years ago! It's an awesome shooter.

100_2678.jpg

Renault

Prefer the P-08 to the 1911A1 or P-38-great for plinking.
--------------
Bye-the-bye: ever use a .44 Magnum for boars?

Renault

One Too Many
"Bye-the-bye: ever use a .44 Magnum for boars?"

No, believe it or not, I'm not much for handguns. I've never handgun hunted with anything passed .22 LR calibre. Prefer a long gun. But I do own a few classics. Have an AC 44 (Walther) P-38 and issue holster in one of the gun safes. I do like their feel too! I remember once while waiting on a jobsite, several fellows were bragging about their recent plastic handgun acquisitions. They were showing off their pieces when I pulled out an old 96 Mauser Bolo that I use to have and stated "Sorry guys this is all I have for today." Talk about the jaws dropping. I really like toting an old classic handgun in the field. Whether it be a Webley Mk VI or a P-08. Adds to the atmosphere! Don't you think??????

Renault

Harp

I'll Lock Up
s

No, believe it or not, I'm not much for handguns. I've never handgun hunted with anything passed .22 LR calibre. Prefer a long gun. But I do own a few classics. Have an AC 44 (Walther) P-38 and issue holster in one of the gun safes. I do like their feel too! Whether it be a Webley Mk VI or a P-08. Adds to the atmosphere! Don't you think??????

Renault

The L's favorable paw fit-ditto the P-38-complement overall design.
I also prefer a rifle for hunting but considering some pistol
or perhaps even a bow for boar.
...if I can ever unchain myself from a desk. lol

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
My grandfather (the guy in my avatar) must have thought well of the Walther P-38, as he carried one instead of his 1911 during the later stages of WWII, and it was one of only two guns he held onto past the 1950s.

-Dave

Phantomfixer

Practically Family

No, believe it or not, I'm not much for handguns. I've never handgun hunted with anything passed .22 LR calibre. Prefer a long gun. But I do own a few classics. Have an AC 44 (Walther) P-38 and issue holster in one of the gun safes. I do like their feel too! I remember once while waiting on a jobsite, several fellows were bragging about their recent plastic handgun acquisitions. They were showing off their pieces when I pulled out an old 96 Mauser Bolo that I use to have and stated "Sorry guys this is all I have for today." Talk about the jaws dropping. I really like toting an old classic handgun in the field. Whether it be a Webley Mk VI or a P-08. Adds to the atmosphere! Don't you think??????

Renault

I agree 100% guns should be steel and wood; no plastic. The Bersa is my only exception. It had agreat feel and a good price. It is a gun that I can let my teenage son shoot without any worries (other than the obvious).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner