Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

BigFitz

Practically Family
Nice rifles Doublegun. From what I can see I really like the look of the checkering on the rifle on the right.

And as far as neighborhood squirrels go, I haven't really been bothered by them. Chipmunks and sparrows trying to nest in my gable vents are a different matter. Just wish my Beeman had the adjustable trigger pull. The one I have is very heavy, but that didn't keep me from dispatching three chipmunks this week.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Sedgley made sporterized rifles after WWI with left over actions. Really, the perfect 06 for "plinking" and hunting. Serious no-frills rifle fitted with a Lyman 48 that is capable of shooting off-hand as well as any rifle that I own. Like anything built on an 03 action, they have gotten expensive over the past few years and for good reason. No one builds a comparable action, in terms of form and function, today. Actually, both my 7x57 Griffin & Howe (on the right) and my Sedgley (on the left) were built on 03 actions.

I agree with you on the action of the 03, just lamenting about when you could get them when the surplus market had plenty.

MikePotts

Practically Family
Very nice. Who made the holster?

I lucked into the holster on Ebay, I passed by the picture several times before reading the description because I thought it was black leather...turned out to be a nice dark brown!

I'll try & make out the makers name when I get back home - not one of the well known ones for sure.

MikePotts

Practically Family
It's marked "H.C.Leather" - must be an Ebay only place, I can't find any other web presence - and yes it's very well made for the money - about $60.

Renault

One Too Many
This followed me home today. Prolly won't venture to the mountains with me this year. But I'll haul it to the woods before season is over!

Winchester Model 54. Last year of production, 1937. 30Govt06

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner