Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

GeorgeTheCat

New in Town
My 1911 and Tokarev

1911002a.jpg

pistols003.jpg

Levallois

Practically Family
A factory nickel 1920s Colt pre-detective special (no DS markings) with ivory grips and a Remington Model 11 riot shotgun with a 20" barrel along with a 1940s Imperial Stetson and trench coat.

ImperialStetson005.jpg

Levallois

Practically Family
It started with the pith helmet over on the hats forum but I had to post it here too as there is a related gun (of course).

DSC00057.jpg

Westley Richards marked and retailed 1896 Mauser Conehammer made in 1899 and sold on January 31, 1900 to a Sir Richard Wilson. Perhaps right before he left for South Africa to fight the Boers?

John

shortbow

Practically Family
That Mauser is a remarkable piece. Worked in a gunshop back in the 'eighties and we had one of those come in in full auto to be dewatted. 'Twas a great shame, but we sure had some fun with it first.

Have seen lots of stuff over the years marketed by WR, but never one of those.:eusa_clap

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
shortbow said:
That Mauser is a remarkable piece. Worked in a gunshop back in the 'eighties and we had one of those come in in full auto to be dewatted. 'Twas a great shame, but we sure had some fun with it first.

Have seen lots of stuff over the years marketed by WR, but never one of those.:eusa_clap

You were going to have to clean it anyway, let 'er go out in style. :eusa_clap

Levallois

Practically Family
Will this do until I can raise the $25-50 K needed for a double rifle?

Gibbs_318_WR_1.jpg

A George Gibbs marked and retailed Mauser in 318WR caliber - sold about 1919.

John

shortbow

Practically Family
Very nice gun. I had a very similar Rigby .275 once, with the owner's name and 'London Rifle Club' embossed on the lid of the oak and leather case. Those English built Mauser's are my favourite magazine rifles along with the early Mannlicher carbines.

Unfortunately that Rigby showed the ravages of cordite in the bore. I was younger then, shoulda kept it and had it freshed out to 8x57. How's that Gibbs?

Corto

A-List Customer
Levallois said:
It started with the pith helmet over on the hats forum but I had to post it here too as there is a related gun (of course).

DSC00057.jpg

Westley Richards marked and retailed 1896 Mauser Conehammer made in 1899 and sold on January 31, 1900 to a Sir Richard Wilson. Perhaps right before he left for South Africa to fight the Boers?

John
I LOVE that Mauser!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
What VINTAGE beauties...

Forget Screen Goddess names like GARBO, MOY, COLBERT, ROGERS, when you have pure vintage with GARAND, WEBLEY, ENFIELD, MAUSER, COLT...

Some beautiful, crafted pieces here that harken back to the days of Golden Era pioneers and Empire builders :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner