Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Pipes

JohnRutherford

New in Town
This is my pipe, a Savinelli Trevere 616. Rusticated and a good smoke. Sadly I have been forced to quit for a variety of reasons, mostly because I don't have a place to smoke anymore. I used to smoke at school, but unfortunately my campus went tobacco free and my dear brother, mother, and father are all against my smoking to a point that they have banned it at the house. Seeing as I can't smoke inside or outside, I've quit.

My favorite tobaccos are(or were) Captain Black White, Dunhill Nightcap, Dunhill Flake, and Peterson's Sunset Breeze. Also, forgive my state, I took the photograph in my pajamas.http://greeneyespetrified.tumblr.com/private/25953143837/tumblr_m68v5envMy1qbr65r

Last edited:

magruder

New in Town
Two Brad Pohlman pipes from my collection:

72609251.jpg

72609250.jpg

Further views of the Pohlmans:

72609241.jpg

72609240.jpg

72609239.jpg

72609238.jpg

Brad is a very good friend of mine and makes on heck of a pipe. Now if I could just get him to give up his caps for fedoras!
Those are lovely pipes . Kudos
Steve Morrisette
http://www.smpipes.com

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
pipes.jpg

kiseruandtamper.jpg

The second image is of a kiseru style pipe I made myself along with a tamper I made from a piece of deer antler I found during forest fire fighting in 2003 in the BC interior.

CPT/VSG

Familiar Face
By the way, while I don't (yet) have any of Steve Morrisette's pipes, he is extremely talented and makes terrrific smoking pipes by all accounts. It's great to have two distinquished artisans on FL (the other being Brad Pohlman).

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
+1! That's awesome. I wish those two, as well as Michael Parks were anywhere near my budget range! Beautiful pieces, CPT/VSG. I went into a cigar store in Thousand Oaks, CA a few days ago, and surprisingly, the guy had a really nice selection of pipes: Ardors, Vipratis, L'Anatra's Winslows, and of course Petersons--- not to mention a liquor cabinet full of $350+ bottles of whatever. What a wonderful culture shock for someone who is used to everything being "entry-level" in South Dakota!

motorpsycho67

Familiar Face
Got my first pipe in the mail today. An old Peterson from my dad. Not sure of the vintage, probably 70s...

IMG_1327.jpg

Sorry 'bout the horrible pic. I'm the world's worst photographer

Gonna head over to Kramers in Beverly Hills tomorrow and pick up some tobacco.

motorpsycho67

Familiar Face
Please tell me more about Kramer's. I'd like to stop in while I'm still in the area: about another week or so.

Kramer's has been the tobbaconist to the stars since 1949. Notable pipe smokers that were regular customers: Danny Kaye, Tony Curtis, Cecil B. DeMille, Leonard Nimoy, Humphrey Bogart, Bing Crosby, Bela Lugosi, Edward G. Robinson, Fred MacMurray, James Arness, Buddy Ebsen, Bill Cosby, Peter Falk, Errol Flynn, etc.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I'll let them tell you about themselves, but it is a great shop with lots of ambiance.... and if you're into English blends they've got some winners..
http://www.kramerstobaccoshop.com/

Kramer's has been the tobbaconist to the stars since 1949. Notable pipe smokers that were regular customers: Danny Kaye, Tony Curtis, Cecil B. DeMille, Leonard Nimoy, Humphrey Bogart, Bing Crosby, Bela Lugosi, Edward G. Robinson, Fred MacMurray, James Arness, Buddy Ebsen, Bill Cosby, Peter Falk, Errol Flynn, etc.

Thanks! looks like a neat little place, even if the tobacco descriptions do more name-dropping than describing. I wish I'd had the time to give them a visit. Oh, well, maybe next time.

Hunter_aka_Scotty

One of the Regulars
Here is my little collection my wife and I enjoy. She picks out most of them. Some she finds at our favorite tobacco shop and others she found in Antique stores.

PIPES002-1.jpg
[/IMG]
PIPES021-1.jpg
[/IMG]
PIPES015.jpg
[/IMG]
PIPES018.jpg
[/IMG]
PIPES023.jpg
[/IMG]
PIPES022.jpg
[/IMG]