Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rockapin and Hep Kitten congrats on great purchases:eusa_clap Both of your dresses are so very pretty:)

CatsPyjama, I can only see one of the 4 dresses:( The one I can see is a blue knit one and it is divine! I love it, and am envious of you for winning it:)

I won these last night on the bay. I haven't bought anything in over a week, but I didn't want to let these go...
pink1ks1.jpg

pink33ma9.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
punctuation8.jpg

I got my punctuation dress in the mail yesterday and it is absolutely adorable! Probably from the '50s but still lots of nice details that didn't really show up in the auction photo--pleats in the skirt, and the ruffle around the neck is more delicate than I thought. Also, it fits me like it was made for me. The one problem is the fabric, which is a poly-blend that isn't too breathable, so I won't be wearing this one if the temp goes above 85, but still I'm so happy with it!

5722_1.jpg

I also won a fairly plain 40's dress last night that I bid on because I fell in love with the pattern on the fabric. I'll be anxious to see this one in person since the auction photos weren't that detailed. Maybe I'll get lucky again?

I'm taking a couple of dresses to the cleaners this weekend. I can still smell the perfume the former owners wore on a some of the dresses and I'll be sad to lose that link but it will be good to have them clean.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Daisy Buchanan said:
I won these last night on the bay. I haven't bought anything in over a week, but I didn't want to let these go...
pink1ks1.jpg

pink33ma9.jpg

Daisy, it's so funny, I saw those and thought of you! Glad you won them, they're gorgeous! I've been pondering vintage nightgowns/pajamas for the Queen Mary--I'm making a list of things I need to be on the lookout for for that trip and it's rather long!

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Daisy, what a sweet set! I just love the the ties at the sides! And it's so soft and delicate, it looks just lovely.

I got my first VBO purchase without even noticing it as such, I realized it was after the fact!:rolleyes:
redsailordress003-1.jpg

Hep Kitten

New in Town
ShooShooBaby said:
hep, cute dress!

and i hear ya on the waist worries... by modern AND vintage standards mine is too big for my bust and hips, so it eliminates a lot of dress possibilities for me, too!

I am oddly shaped, so it also difficult for me to find ANY clothes at all. I'm 44, 48, 54! :eek: So, I usually have to have my clothing taken in at the chest because I have to buy it big enough to fit My waist and ample buttocks! lol I feel your pain.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Daisy those jammies are indeed "the cat's pajamas!" Oh, I am SO totally green over here!!! :D

And Catspyjamas your new frocks are lovely! I sure am liking these knit dresses lately!

Pink, great dots!

Nikki

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
punctuation8.jpg

I got my punctuation dress in the mail yesterday and it is absolutely adorable! Probably from the '50s but still lots of nice details that didn't really show up in the auction photo--pleats in the skirt, and the ruffle around the neck is more delicate than I thought. Also, it fits me like it was made for me. The one problem is the fabric, which is a poly-blend that isn't too breathable, so I won't be wearing this one if the temp goes above 85, but still I'm so happy with it!

They dress was featured on that Website, A dress a day! I love it! and so did she.

What a great catch IOF!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Daisy... I can't wait to see more of your family photos. :)

Sunny... I know! I want her shoes, her dress, the house! Also, I will post those in the outdoor thread... wait... I can't seem to find it. Where is it?

Pigeon toe... WOW! 2,000! Oh my!

OHairas... Thanks! I really cannot wait to doll myself up in that dress. :) And hopefully not look like a man! Hahahahaha

Rockapin-up... Your apple dress is wonderful!

Pink... I am so jealous of you. You are shopping like a madwoman. :)

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Daisy, love the PJs!

Lolita, collecting vintage photography was my first love! One time I bought a big box that was something like 10 lbs of photos from one family. The stuff is truly amazing! The husband was an amateur photographer who printed his own stuff, so there's lots of really interesting and artistic photographs, mostly from the 50's. Some really spooky street scenes at nice. And of course, nudie pin up pictures of his wife! I have a whole slough of photos of that couple from the 40's until the 80's. They are one of my greatest treasures!

klara

One of the Regulars
I just won these cute shoes and they have a really interesting backgound.
snyggaskor.jpg

Pamela des Barres is the seller of these shoes. I know it's not interesting to the golden era, although the shoes are from the 40s, but imagine what these shoes have seen ;)

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
klara said:
I just won these cute shoes and they have a really interesting backgound.
snyggaskor.jpg

Pamela des Barres is the seller of these shoes. I know it's not interesting to the golden era, although the shoes are from the 40s, but imagine what these shoes have seen ;)

Wow, there is alot of fashion and music history tied up in those shoes, for sure! Be neat to know where she wore them...and who she was with at the time!

Kimberly

Practically Family
I went to a couple of thrifts today and did pretty well.

I got all of this for $8.00 total!!

specatorosbeige.jpg

redshoesJune1.jpg

I have been wanting glasses like this for a while so I totally lucked out when I saw two pairs!!

These are the black ones and they have rhinestones all over them!

blackcateye.jpg

And some sunglasses as well!

whitecateye.jpg

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Here we go. I bought this at an antique market not a thrift store or a yard sale.

1950s Basset Dresser/Buffet:
l_7cb616b86e8f31944e053517eb0b47c3.jpg

Three inside drawers:
l_6763ce70acabcfaf3c2d036f4674b06c.jpg

Close up of drawer handles:
l_da2f2b2768c6f7f8bac511ccaa42f1cd.jpg

The kicker: $50!

(After gas $30.45 in the truck and lunch 14.11 for the boys who helped me move it, the grand total for the dresser $94.56. You still can't be the price. Am I a super shopper or what! ;) )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points