Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
decodoll, what great finds!

i have that same hanky in green instead of pink! and i'm really looking forward to seeing your work jumper! i have a navy blue one with a trapdoor butt that's held up by a self-fabric belt. does yours have this as well? (and mine was deadstock too - till i broke it out for a halloween costume!)

decodoll

Practically Family
Thanks, gals! I'd say the prices were low to average at the airshow, but then I had just moved to the east coast from San Francisco two weeks before and almost everything here seems like a good deal to me!

Sounds just like mine, ShooShooBaby! I love it. They are so comfy, aren't they! And the legs are actually a bit too long for me which is very unusual. I have a lot of trouble finding 40's pants long enough. I have to ask you though, on the belt... I've been buttoning mine kind of oddly or tieing til I get a chance the move the buttons. The belt is sized for someone at least 3-4 sizes bigger than the rest of the jumper....and it's the original belt cause it's sewn on.... [huh] Is yours like this?

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I bought this at Forever 21 - it's got a very nice weight to it, and is a bit see-through, and more greenish than in the pics!
39937120-04.jpg

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Oh cute, KitschGoth! The pattern is adorable, and I just love the trim! :)

Here's my swimsuit for the summer, won after a short, but tense battle on the bay. lol
52299466ovf4.jpg

Hep Kitten

New in Town
Oh, Ladies!

Sasky: Those shoes are divine, but you are SO right about the heel!

Foofoogal: Stunning piece!

Decodoll: Both those dresses and the skirt are darling!

KitschGoth: Get out! That dress is too cute!

Here is my latest hat:

hat1-1.jpg

hat2-1.jpg

hat3.jpg

Can't wait, cant wait, can't wait! :D

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Deco Doll, that is a lovely selection of things you picked up.

TheKitschGoth, ever so pretty dress.

LadyStardust, your swimsuit is such a fabulous colour.

Hep Kitten, super cute hat, post pics when you get it.

I picked this up at an antique mall for $2.50 !!!

000_1513.jpg

And won this on ebay this morning. I put in my bid and had to go out so it was up to the ebay gods if it would go in my favour and yeah !! it did.

8b39_12.jpg

89ca_3.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
decodoll said:
Everyone's purchases are so lovely, and this thread moves so fast nowadays! I'm having a really hard time keeping up! One would think now that I work from home it would be easier to keep up, eh!? Anyhow, I had all but given up on winning any dresses on ebay anymore. Everything I want goes for so much! Until last night! I got this dress for $29.00!! Far, far, far below my top bid! :D

ab45_1.JPG

...and here are some things I got at the Reading WWII Airshow. Not pictured is probably my favourite out of everything. A deadstock WWII vintage women's work jumper in pale blue with little puffed sleeves. I'll have to get the boyfriend to take a picture of me in it sometime. Taking a picture on a hanger really doesn't do it justice. :)

ReadingJewelry.jpg

SweetheartHankie.jpg

StrawberrySkirt.jpg

RedWhiteDress.jpg

and the pattern which the seller gave me for free! :D

ReadingPattern.jpg

Yeah....I was bored and taking pics of stuff in the hotel room in DC after Reading while the boyfriend was at a conference....

Holy (insert bad word)!! What amazing purchases!!! The dresses are incredible, the pins are outstanding, and I LOVE the bracelet!! The pattern, wow. Oh and did I mention the dresses. Both are outstanding, but I really like the red and white. All just perfect!! I'm green with envy!!

Everyone has gotten incredible things, I can't keep up. It's been almost a month since I bought anything on ebay:eusa_clap I'm very proud of myself for that, but I looking at all of your fabulous purchases makes me want to go on a major shopping binge! Really, you gals have extraordinary taste!!!

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
One thing I love about this is that even I get envious of all the great stuff, I can rest easy knowing that it is being saved by people who appreciate what it is and will take care of it!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
decodoll said:
Thanks, gals! I'd say the prices were low to average at the airshow, but then I had just moved to the east coast from San Francisco two weeks before and almost everything here seems like a good deal to me!

Sounds just like mine, ShooShooBaby! I love it. They are so comfy, aren't they! And the legs are actually a bit too long for me which is very unusual. I have a lot of trouble finding 40's pants long enough. I have to ask you though, on the belt... I've been buttoning mine kind of oddly or tieing til I get a chance the move the buttons. The belt is sized for someone at least 3-4 sizes bigger than the rest of the jumper....and it's the original belt cause it's sewn on.... [huh] Is yours like this?

decodoll,

my belt actually has a buckle - the plastic kind that you just thread the belt through. i bet you could find one pretty easily and sew it on if you wanted. or just tie it!

GwenLake

One of the Regulars
klara said:
:eek:fftopic:
I'm having a real big problem. There are two pair of shoes out on ebay that I would love to bid on but the seller refuse to ship to sweden. I have even tried to bribe her. [huh]
Do anyone know any company that can help you bid on US only auctions?
I would love to display the shoes on this page, but as it seems I'll guess I have to post them at the one that got away :(

Do you have any friends or family in the States? We always ship through my grandparents. The only problem is sometimes my grandparents don't ship the items right away.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Awwwww!!!! So georgous dresses and acessoires. I love everything. If there is a heaven I´ll have all your items in my size there...

My purchases:

3 German Ladies Mags from the 50s:
7dbc_1.JPG

Another georgous pattern!
483b_1.JPG

klara

One of the Regulars
Well, thanks to a gentlemen here on the fedora lounge I got the chance to bid on the two pair of shoes I was talking about. I won one pair.

1234.jpg

klara

One of the Regulars
Miss Sis said:
Yummy green shoes!

I have no chance of getting any green shoes in my size on Ebay or auction sights - feet are too big.

Hope they look fab with whatever you wear them with. :)

Thanks! I don't really know what colours to wear them with though, any ideas?

klara

One of the Regulars
RetroModelSari.
Thanks! I've been looking for a pair of green platforms forever it seems, but they are always to small or get wayyy to expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt