Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

ShortClara

One Too Many
CherryRed said:
I've got those red wedges too and they are super soft. The foot bed is so thick it feels like a slipper.

Ooh CherryRed thanks for the info - I LOVE red shoes and I just can't wait to get them!

And fabulous sweater!

lyburnum

Practically Family
IMG_7350.jpg

Some of my recent purchases (I have more as I'm an obsessive shopper but these are some of my favorites!):
The dresses, bag and coat are all vintage, the other stuff is modern.

IMG_7352.jpg

50s painted dress
Clear umbrella with cherries on it
Red courts

IMG_7355.jpg

Black embroidered handbag

IMG_7357.jpg
IMG_7358.jpg

40s wool dress and coat with velvet detailing. The dress I've been eyeing up for about a month now, and decided on Monday just to get it. And I've been looking for a vintage coat like that for aggggeeees, so I was so happy it fitted!

Plus:
A fur muff
Black patent courts
Short white jacket

IMG_7173.jpg

Not a very good photo but me wearing some of it, the shoes were giving me blisters so I was putting plasters on :(

ShortClara

One Too Many
lyburnum said:
Plus:
A fur muff
Black patent courts
Short white jacket

IMG_7173.jpg

Not a very good photo but me wearing some of it, the shoes were giving me blisters so I was putting plasters on :(

I swear, with some of my cutest shoes it looks like my band-aids (plasters?) are full socks! lol But it's worth it!

All your stuff is very adorable :D

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I've been going a little crazy lately on Ebay, and I've actually been winning, which is quite shocking! Normally I'm outbid!

Anyway, I won these 40's wedges today and I'm not quite sure yet if I'm regretting it. Luckily the seller has a return policy. Opinions ladies? I hate having buyer's remorse:

fd7a_1.JPG

fde7_1.JPG

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
pigeon toe: Awwwwww!!!! those shoes!!!!!

lyburnum: So fantastic finds :eek: . And that coat and the green dress are my faves!

Vintage Betty: I looooove beaded cardigans! I just never find any! And someone washed my favourite white cardi together with red fabric so parts of it are pink now :-( I consider to colour it red now.

RedHotRidinHood: That dress has a fantastic bust-line!!! It must be super-flattering on you! Make sure to post pics wearing it!!!

I didn´t buy much lately since I´m looking for a new job and so Iam not so much to spend, but I couldn´t pass that one. It´s not Vintage but it definately has something vintage about it!

e51.JPG

e51b.JPG

deelovely

Practically Family
pigeon toe said:
I've been going a little crazy lately on Ebay, and I've actually been winning, which is quite shocking! Normally I'm outbid!

Anyway, I won these 40's wedges today and I'm not quite sure yet if I'm regretting it. Luckily the seller has a return policy. Opinions ladies? I hate having buyer's remorse:

fd7a_1.JPG

fde7_1.JPG
I love them!! They look fabulous!!;) :eusa_clap

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
e51.JPG

e51b.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Oh! now I love a great bra, and this looks like a great bra. I don't think we have enough undies on this thread and I am a staunch believer that they are more important that what goes over the top! (says the closet underwear fanatic :) )

Sari that is a beautiful bra and I know that you will look like an authentic Femme Fatale in it! I really love the netting part above the flower embroidery and the seaming looks like it will give you a really good pointy, retro shape. Lovely find!

dandelion-vint

One of the Regulars
I love those shoes with the studs and the bows!

I'm expecting this great set in a few days. I got it from Glamoursurf on ebay. I was surprised that I didn't get outbid. It's a dress with a capelet that has a panel down the front. I'm a big fan of green.

1545519395_0a8869e545.jpg

Moodle

New in Town
Miss Sis said:
If they don't fit PT, at least you can send them straight back!

Or, y'know....send them straight to me. :)

Pigeon toe, I love them--the color's great, and I adore the sweet/sassy mix of the bows + studding.

lonestarcasie

New in Town
pigeon toe said:

fd7a_1.JPG

fde7_1.JPG

OOOOOhhh. Very Cute!

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
I had a bit of a shop today too!

I bought myself some Max Factor Pancake Make up (ha - wasnt that a new experience applying it!) I love the hold power of it too!!!!

I also shouted myself some "Raven Red" by Revlon!

ShortClara

One Too Many
It was cocktail dress day for me yesterday - I got a 60s gold brocade sleeveless tulip skirt dress (I don't usually do metallics, but it was so adorable and classic I had to) and a 50s aqua floor-length hourglass cheongsam! I must have been channeling barbigirl in the Ladies of the Lounge thread, because it looks just like that one. Yay! No pics yet, I have lots to take pics of, but no energy right now :)

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
dandelion-vint said:
I love those shoes with the studs and the bows!

I'm expecting this great set in a few days. I got it from Glamoursurf on ebay. I was surprised that I didn't get outbid. It's a dress with a capelet that has a panel down the front. I'm a big fan of green.

1545519395_0a8869e545.jpg

Oh my!!! That´s so cool!!!!!! You had tons of luck no one else bidded. I would have guessed such a matching outfit would go for tons of money!!!

Bookworm strikes again....

A beauty book. I have another one by this author and it´s so georgous!!!! With tons of photos and cute drawings. So I have high expectations for that one, too!!! The cover alone is so pretty:

geheimnisoz5.jpg

And that one was by the same seller so I got it, too! Titled "Hobbys for young girls - In your own 4 walls":

hobbysjj9.jpg

It looks promising and would make a great prop for a shooting... Besides I´m very curious what "good hobbies" girls were supposed to have in 1961...

Altogether for.... 3,80 €, that´s maybe 5 $ or something inclusing shipping.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Unfortunately, the seller of the studded wedgies told me that there was a tear in the leather and I either take the shoes as is, or get a refund. I took the refund! Oh well.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I hit the antique shops yesterday and found these:

spshake1.jpg

spshake2.jpg

The most Art Moderne salt-and-pepper shakers I've ever seen! These really are the most lovely things I've seen in a very long time. I just HAD to buy them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo