Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks you Trix and Maria, and Maria welcome to the Powder room.
Hemingway Jones said he will take some pix of the dress as soon as I get it to post on my web site, I'll let you all know when there up.
Hope your all nice and warm, we have over a foot of snow here in Boston, ugh, can't wait for summer and it's only February.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
More finds :)
tiep1.jpg

These little guys were buy it now for $12.99. Who could refuse?
1f_1.JPG

And those two little 30's patterns in the back are just to die for!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Maria, good to have a South American around here!

Maria, my wife and I were living in Santiago, Chile before coming to the U.S.A.
We spent our honeymoon in Buzios and Petropolis.
My mother, who's French, grew up in Rio and spent summers in Cabo Frio.

Chao!

colleency

One of the Regulars
Daisy, your dress is gorgeous!

Lauren, that gown pattern is lovely! Do you wear the shoes you buy? If they don't fit, do you just resell them? (I'm stumped for how to find shoes for some of the clothes I've been making.)

Lauren

Thanks! Yes, I wear my vintage ones. It actually ends up being less expensive and less time consuming than finding a new pair that looks vintage, especially if you have smaller feet. If they don't fit, then back on Ebay or to a friend with that size feet they go! I'd love to see some of the things you're making!

Maria

New in Town
Marc Chevalier said:
Maria, my wife and I were living in Santiago, Chile before coming to the U.S.A.
We spent our honeymoon in Buzios and Petropolis.
My mother, who's French, grew up in Rio and spent summers in Cabo Frio.

Chao!

Marc, it's great to know that you've been to Petr?ɬ?polis and B?ɬ?zios and that your mother lived here, in Rio! I love Petr?ɬ?polis, I'm often there visiting friends and enjoying the weather :)

Thank you for your warm welcome!

Lauren

Got the shoes today, and they fit! Yipee!
Two more patterns found their way into my lair... and they look strikingly similar:
3a_1.JPG

Tennis shorts
holly987.jpg

And tap shorts! Love these, because they have the star of 42nd street on the cover, Ruby Keeler!

maisie

Practically Family
Those patterns are great! I just wishes i could sew!!
That green and white long dress reminds me of the garden party dress that Scarlet O'Hara wears in Gone With The Wind!!

Daisy Buchanan

Lauren and Vanessa, those patterns are great. I wish I could sew, you both must have amazing wardrobes. Nick Charles, please tell your wife that her new hat is beautiful.
Here are three dresses I got over the past few weeks at stores around Boston. The yellow one is a funny color in person, but it has this great silver threading throughout and a really cool short train (I think they call it a fishtail) in the back. The beading on the navy dress is perfect, but the dress is missing a belt. The pictures on my web site show more details, feel free to check them out at the link below my signature.

maisie

Practically Family
I got this suit through today and I ablsolutly adore it!! It fits perfectly and the coulour is so fab and it will go great with a pair of saddle shoes!! And the best thing was it was only ?Ǭ£4.30 ($7.25)!!!!!
jan17m0141.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

maisie said:
I got this suit through today and I ablsolutly adore it!! It fits perfectly and the coulour is so fab and it will go great with a pair of saddle shoes!! And the best thing was it was only ?Ǭ£4.30 ($7.25)!!!!!
jan17m0141.jpg
WOW, that is an adorable suit. Congratulations on getting it for a really great price.

Lauren

I went through my closet and pulled out bags of clothes I don't wear anymore, took them to the resale shop, then hightailed it to Anthropologie, where they happened to be having a sale of 30% off the sale price. So I bought this great new bed set- comforter, shams, and bedskirt, all for under $100! Woo hoo! And I still have money left over from the closet pillage! Not vintage, and not clothes, but it sure is soft and I love it!

decodoll

Practically Family
Everyone has such beautiful purchases!! Vanessa, I adore your patterns! Daisy, the yellow dress is gorgeous! I love the cut and the fabric. The dress with the cream "blouse" in your photo album is absolutely to die for!!!!
What a find with the green suit, Maise. Very cute. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner