Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your radios!

MissMittens

One Too Many
Very nice indeed :)

All better condition than most of mine so far. Got the Transoceanic to finish internally (externally restored), the Philco console is done, and the Zenith 7S363 I bought last week for $27 is complete but very rough right now. I've neglected my wood radios to get my communication receivers done, and now you've made me feel bad, lol!!

MissMittens

One Too Many
Actually, while I remember - I have a BEAUTIFUL cabinet for a 1925 Arbourphone 25. Complete with brass dial escutcheon. No chassis whatsoever. If anyone has the internals and would like the cabinet........

Nathan

Familiar Face
yOq8deW1ZMQCo2cnQ6-GvQ.jpg

ERSiYgOGvDPHA2Mso.kLyw.jpg

bwj.8fo4jeH4PJUcsv8OOw.jpg

XbQcvJYKLxfPqpQnQV.ulg.jpg

lAPpPgdhwoszVFyU.V1ZYA.jpg

I started collecting transistor radios because they bring back fond memories of my own childhood... And because I've run out of room for the bigger sets!!

Angus Forbes

One of the Regulars
Interesting to see the transistor radios. I have a Zenith 50 (six transistor) that belonged to my dad. He bought it circa 1960. I remember using it nightimes to DX as a kid. Darned little thing still plays, although there is not much to hear on AM radio around here at present.

I also have two beautiful Atwater-Kents, one a tombstone and one a cathedral, whose pictures I will post if I ever figure out how. Also two 1950's era German "dentals" (an Emud and a Blaupunkt Stockholm) that work like gangbusters.

Last edited:

Mr. Hallack

One of the Regulars
The Hallicrafters on top is from 1946, The Brewster radio is early 50's, and on the bottom, Farnsworth radio i believe is before 1941. Right now only the Hallicrafters is working, just re-capped it. Need a couple of tubes for the Brewster, and nearly everything for the Farnsworth. And i have about 25 or so more radios in the collection, most i am still working on as $$ allows!!

russa11

One of the Regulars
nice radios Mr Hallack. I too also have the S-38 Hallicrafters. They are a good work horse of a radio. I have over a dozen shortwave radios but this one is my favorite.

Argee

One of the Regulars
picked this one up today. It was filthy. I gave it a once over when I got home then cautiously plugged it in. It actually works. Needs some adjusting though. Here it is all cleaned up. Anybody recognize the model? I can't figure it out, there is no company name anywhere on it.

6366091287_74e8019536_b.jpg

Last edited:

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Dude! That's a very nice radio, don't know the make. But you should never plug in and turn on and old tube radio unless it's been gone over by a qualified tech, and had the capacitors replaced. There's a definite danger of fire. I learned the hard way many years ago.
But enjoy the radio, it's a beauty.

Mr. Hallack

One of the Regulars
picked this one up today. It was filthy. I gave it a once over when I got home then cautiously plugged it in. It actually works. Needs some adjusting though. Here it is all cleaned up. Anybody recognize the model? I can't figure it out, there is no company name anywhere on it.

6366091287_74e8019536_b.jpg

Nice radio, you did a great clean up job. Check with these guys here: www.antiqueradios.com for an ID, although today 11/20/11 I have not been able to log in to the site.

Argee

One of the Regulars
I'm aware you are supposed to replace all the capacitors first, but my curiosity got the better of me. I'll be replacing them in due course. After doing some research I suspect it was made by Detrola for another company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy