Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your radios!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
FStephenMasek: Those are some NICE radios, especially the Crosley grandfather clock. But the one I LUST for is the little Jewel PinUP. How sweet it that! Would look PERFECT in my kitchen.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
I recently found a cabinet for an Arborphone 25, aka, Arborphone Grand from the Arbor Radio Company in Ann Arbor MI, circa 1925. I ebayed it, and the buyer kindly sent me a picture of the completed radio.

Arborphone%2025%20c.jpg

That is a stunner! I really prefer the Utah cone speaker pictured to the rather cheap looking Arborphone cone. I have ontr of these displayed with my Model 27.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
I have that exact set out on my porch -- left behind by my ex. An excellent performer, and very very substantial as all Zenith products were.

Well at least he left something nice. Pity that the SW broadcast bands are becoming so depopulated.

We have a Zenith set on our sun porch, an odd choice, a Super VIII in an immense woven fiber (that twisted paper imitation wicker) cabinet. Couldn't imagine anywhere else to put the thing...

Last edited:
Took this as part of a trade over the weekend. It has been completely restored cosmetically, but looks like it may need a little attention mechanically. Doesn't seem to pick up any stations.

481095_10151078366424330_1570590508_n.jpg

O2BSwank

One of the Regulars
Beautiful wooden phonograph Tom. I picked up a 1946 Philco radio/phonograph last weekend aiso in a wooden case. I've got to post pictures of my finds if I could find my camera. I've been putting in a lot of time stripping the cabinet of my 1942 Silvertone console for refinishing. The electronic restoration has been finished for a while. I will definetly post pictures when I'm done. It was the search for info. on this radio that led to the Lounge.

Thanks! I tell ya, I'd rather do the cabinet than the chassis of a radio any day! The chassis of my 1951 Silvertone still is inop and sitting on my desk.

Beautiful wooden phonograph Tom. I picked up a 1946 Philco radio/phonograph last weekend aiso in a wooden case. I've got to post pictures of my finds if I could find my camera. I've been putting in a lot of time stripping the cabinet of my 1942 Silvertone console for refinishing. The electronic restoration has been finished for a while. I will definetly post pictures when I'm done. It was the search for info. on this radio that led to the Lounge.

1930artdeco

Practically Family
Heres mine

Here is my 1936 Silvertone console. I am actually listening to Sirius 40's as I type. Right next to it a lamp my Great Grandfather got from the Turkish delegation to the 1915 Pan Pacific Expo her in San Francisco. Kindly ignore the 'modern' carpet cleaning device.
AR005402.jpg
IMG_0529.jpg

Mike

MissMittens

One Too Many
1949 Airline that just tripped my circuit-breaker. Any idea how to fix one of these things? I am having a pain trying to find a radio shop locally.

00211.jpg

Could be lots of things. If you've never worked with radios before or electronics of this vintage, PLEASE don't try yourself - you can be seriously hurt, or killed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner