Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Tattoos

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Wow, some amazing work on this thread--great art, everyone!

I was in Maui a few years ago when friends all challenged each other to get tattoos. We did some research and found the best place in Lahaina: Skin Deep Tattoo (www.skindeeptattoo.com).

But when we got there, we discovered that everyone but me was too sunburned for the artists there to work on them (they wouldn't work on you if you were sunburned or drunk--good policies). So, to show them, I went through with it...and decided on a combination Hawaii and retro theme to arrive at this on my outer right calf:

hulagirl.jpg

She's about 4" tall and, while I'd planned on a simple outline, Mike, the artist, decided I needed some color. I was, and still am, pretty happy with the result.

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
I'm working on a WW2 collage piece on my back and this is the first image in that collage. This image was taken from a painting of the famous Lancaster bombing raid from the 1943 mission, codenamed Operation Chastise, to destroy the dams of the Ruhr Valley. Below this piece I'm going to be adding a the American troops @ D-Day, coming off the landing crafts w/ the beaches and bunkers in the background. It's not a historically accurate image and not meant to be. I wanted to combine as many things as I could while still maintaining a cohesive picture.

6209_505034765206_108500152_30181065_7673673_n.jpg

*It's not that fuzzy looking IRL. The picture was taken with an iphone*

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, Cherry Bomb! Love it! My boyfriend's next sleeve is going to be a WWII theme (his grandfather is a vet). I'll have to show him this, he'll be psyched. Where did you get it done and who did it?

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
Thank you!

Shane Munce did it- He's located about a 1/2 hour south of Philadelphia. He's AMAZING! He specializes in horror tattoos and portraits- but his photo-realism is outstanding!

RedruM Tattoo

Shane is about to start a WW2 sleeve for a friend of mine as well. He's got a lot of high resolution photos from my friend and I. Look into him- his prices are competitive, and it's something he seems to be doing a lot of right now!

Grant Fan

Practically Family
cynroux said:
Stunning work, Mr. Crunk, absolutely stunning.
I'm also ply an inky trade here in the nation's Capitol.

Here's a bit of my work on others:
3458580938_22d6031a3f_o.jpg

3116776367_e0d2279c46_o.jpg

2886967196_650a518836.jpg

1208876758_8ee48e00fc.jpg

And a bit of my own collection (Photo courtesy of Atomic Cheesecake Studios):
2968640987_8542cf83cd.jpg

I am just adding to her lovely work. She did this about a month ago for me. We did it in 4-ish hours and it is more fabulous than I could have ever hoped
3657805611_363932101c_b1.jpg

and the close up
NancyFeathersLRWM1.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
ClaraB said:
Finally got this done and thought I'd share. This was done in one sitting but at my artist's request I am going back for some touching up. The photograph below was taken 2 days after my appointment, today is day 9 and I've entered that itchy stage :eek: .
I have really enjoyed looking at everyone's ink, some fantastic work here!
IMG_3410.jpg
yours is lovely I have three on my upper left thigh and yours kind of remind me of mine. I am glad I am not the only one who wanted blue peacock fathers instead of green ones

Gutshot

One of the Regulars
Grant Fan said:
and the close up
NancyFeathersLRWM1.jpg

The peacock feathers are all awesome... the coloring is so sharp. Well, sharp isn't the right word, but it looks great. Not a bad canvas either ;)

I'm going to have to get something one of these days... all the cool kids are doing it. Maybe something pirate themed.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Grant Fan said:
I am just adding to her lovely work. She did this about a month ago for me. We did it in 4-ish hours and it is more fabulous than I could have ever hoped
Absolutely gorgeous, Grant Fan. Those vibrant peacock feather colors with your red hair are perfect--nice work! If you've begun to notice a greater frequency of traffic accidents as you happen to be walking down the street in the past month, I suspect you know why.:D

Grant Fan

Practically Family
jazzncocktails said:
Absolutely gorgeous, Grant Fan. Those vibrant peacock feather colors with your red hair are perfect--nice work! If you've begun to notice a greater frequency of traffic accidents as you happen to be walking down the street in the past month, I suspect you know why.:D

jazzncocktails Hahaha no I have not had that problem but I do find myself lifting the side of my skirt and pulling my shorts up more than I have ever done in my entire life combined.[huh]

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Gutshot said:
The peacock feathers are all awesome... the coloring is so sharp. Well, sharp isn't the right word, but it looks great. Not a bad canvas either ;)

I'm going to have to get something one of these days... all the cool kids are doing it. Maybe something pirate themed.

Gunshot thanks a bunch. And if you get one and are in the DC area I highly sugest going to Cynthia Rudjizs (I think I spelled her last name correctly) of British Ink. She is phenominal and goes well above and beyond to make you happy with her work

Gutshot

One of the Regulars
Grant Fan said:
Gunshot thanks a bunch. And if you get one and are in the DC area I highly sugest going to Cynthia Rudjizs (I think I spelled her last name correctly) of British Ink. She is phenominal and goes well above and beyond to make you happy with her work

Afraid I'm on the other end of the continent... thanks for the info though.

classylady

New in Town
So far i only have one.i'm planing to get one on my right ankle but i'm nervous about getting it there because of the bone.but anyways here's a picture of my tattoo.sorry about the size of the picture.oh by the way this is on my left shoulder.
l_d6a05a4e60888acb71ef45df9ff9d4d6.jpg

pretty faythe

One Too Many
The one I have on my left ankle is on the bone. I jumped a lot during the touch up of it at the beginning, the tat artist just laughed at me lol. After awhile it the jump/twitch calmed down.

Esme

One of the Regulars
I finally went and got mine done. This was a 50th birthday present to myself, my first tattoo.

3707103010_e2840c46b0_m.jpg

Then, just last week my husband got this one on his left arm just below his elbow --

3779917005_59e4c7af32_m.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Grant Fan said:
Wow! I didn't realize she was in the DC area! I've been thinking about getting one a lot recently. I might have to go check her shop out.

Levallois

Practically Family
Beautiful impressive tattoos folks!

Mine are all about family - a compass rose with the letters of my family substituted for the 4 directions so I'll always find my way and then in latin below that "nothing above family."

Tattoo.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred