Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Silver Card Holder

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
I recently had some cards made for my new business.

That are the size of a calling card: 3.5" x 2.5" very simple, heavy stock.

I recently found my grandfathers silver card holder, it's a simple design and if I don't clean it, it has a nice very lght black "patina" where the scrolling is around the edges.

My question is, should I use it to carry my new business cards? The cards fit in perfectly. My only concern is that I don't want to look too showy or flashy when I present my card to a new client.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Dave

willyk57

New in Town
I would use it. I carry my business and personal cards in a black chrome case (similar in appearance to a patined silver). The card case is one of my daily pocket accouterments.

As long as you carry and use it in a matter-of-fact way, you should not come off as being showy. Keeping business cards in a case will project a better professional image than keeping them loose in your shirt pocket or crumpled in your wallet. The case shows that you pay attention to details and think ahead.

Take the case out of your pocket, remove a business card, put the case back, and give them your card. No one will think twice.

Best Regards,
Willyk57

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou