Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So...anyone planning on seeing Shutter Island just for the hats?

Mr E Train

One Too Many
I'm a Scorsese fan, but I'm not a big fan of the horror genre, and it looks like a horror movie to me. However, from the previews I've seen, DiCaprio and company are wearing some nice looking fedoras. I'll probably end up seeing it just for that reason, and the fact that it's a Scorsese film. Anyone else?

Mr E Train said:
I'm a Scorsese fan, but I'm not a big fan of the horror genre, and it looks like a horror movie to me. However, from the previews I've seen, DiCaprio and company are wearing some nice looking fedoras. I'll probably end up seeing it just for that reason, and the fact that it's a Scorsese film. Anyone else?
It's really more of a mystery film than a horror or thriller film, and not one of Scorsese's best.

If you're thinking of going to see the film strictly for the civilian fashions and cars, I'd wait for cable. Remember, the story takes place in a hospital on an island; most of the cast are wearing some form of hospital or police uniform, and there are only two or three cars in the entire film.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy