Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stack Fedora

peach

New in Town
Soupman , That is such a nice hat maybe if you wear it a couple days it will grow on both you and your wife.

Last edited:

the soupman

New in Town
I agree 100% but the crown is to high for my face it makes me look like I just got off the ship from Remulak I was so excited when I got it until the laughs from my family broke my desire to wear it

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I agree 100% but the crown is to high for my face it makes me look like I just got off the ship from Remulak I was so excited when I got it until the laughs from my family broke my desire to wear it

More than one way to crease a crown, brother. A deep teardrop can eat up allot of crown.

But if you're selling, let us know when it hits ebay.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great idea thank you Ill give it a try. I love the Groucho Quote very funny

Thanks- if Twain or Marx didn't already say it, first & better, it's likely not worth being voiced.

There is LOTS of info here about crease techniques - don't maul it, but understand fur felt can take one hell of allot of abuse. Somewhere here there are pix of some furfelts that had been sitting in the Missouri mud for 150 years after the steamboat they were on blew up & went down. They cleaned up quite acceptably, handsomely even.

Good luck- that looks to be a beauty!

kaosharper1

One Too Many
The hat in my avatar was made by Art Fawcett based upon Bogart's "Maltese Falcon" fedora. It has a 6" crown but is bashed so the front is 4 3/4" and the sides about 5". That's what they did in the 1930s. Try that before you give up.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Yes like everyone has said it needs a proper creasing of the hat. The tall crown is what most of us here look for as it allows you to make a crease that will look great. If your wife is not use to seeing you in a proper Fedora that may be half of the problem.

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
When you tried it on for your family, was it open crowned......
If it was, then thats you answer....Put a nice crease in it, like that VS with the Maltese Falcon crease....They will probably love it....I would...:)

TomS

One Too Many
Bash it, and wear it for a few days. You might find that it actually GIVES you confidence as time passes... I dont know why that is exactly, but it seems to often be the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails