Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Staff changes at Aero Leather

mattp

One of the Regulars
I might be wrong, but looking back and reading between the lines from the collaboration, I think Aero has done the right thing. Specially since there was really only an IH zip on an Aero jacket. I was waiting for the CafeRacer myself and was expecting sweet things, I dunno maybe a white line across the chest on a black CR with some sweet IH lining, but when I saw what was the final product I just got a normal Aero CR.

As did I.
Anyway, I appreciate that Aero are doing all they can, and I didn't intend on sounding so disparaging in my earlier post. The fact I had an IH order within 3 weeks of delivery then I went to the back of the queue remains frustrating, but at the end of the day it is only a jacket, and I'll continue to support Aero while they get back on top of business. I do have a somewhat unique situation which makes me a little more impatient than I usually would be, but I'll keep that between Holly and me.
Perhaps I'll also refrain from posting on Mondays from now on!

Cooperson

One Too Many
Really sorry to hear of a 6 month backlog, I was ready to place an order myself but I can see now it would only add to the problem. Looks like I'm back to searching ebay for a used one :-(

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Really sorry to hear of a 6 month backlog, I was ready to place an order myself but I can see now it would only add to the problem. Looks like I'm back to searching ebay for a used one :-(

Ahhh, I understand that would probably put people off, but we'd rather be up front about the actual wait time than leave people hanging for much longer than they were quoted. Still a big priority to reduce wait time, but we've got a lot of work to do to get it down to what we all thought it was in the first place!!

Just taken on another trainee who is very promising to start after Christmas, so we'll be upping production even more soon.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Coff...coff...Holly....the AN6552...coff...coff...

Ha! Sorry, it's in the pile of mails I've got to get measurements for tomorrow. I've only just got to the first page of my emails now after the weekends backlog (and that was working Saturday).

I'm away home for the night, but promise it'll be done tomorrow. And anyone else still waiting for an answer from me, my printed pile of indepth answers will be done tomorrow - top priority!

Thanks for your patience :)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It was reinstated after the designer who had asked Aero to make it asked them/gave permission for the company to continue making it. It's still there on the website.

mihai

A-List Customer
The original Radjake is on Ebay at the moment!

D

Thanks, I saw it there, also in the Classifieds section from FL. A nice price, looking fantastic however a size smaller for me. From what I understood a very trim 44. I am somewhere between 44 and 46.

Stand By

One Too Many
I think it's finally time, after lurking trepidatiously in the shadows for a good while, to come out from behind the curtain so to speak. Hello everyone.

Like many here, I have followed this thread with surprised interest, and some sadness and, if I may, I would like to add my opinion to the comment that Will and Amanda had "not acted in Aero's best interest" and the comments made by a few others as a result, because that was not my experience with them.
When I first happened upon Aero, I had been a devoted ELC customer. However, after a few years, it became sadly apparent to me that, where once he had gone out of his way to (very successfully) earn my custom, Gary was not nearly as keen or interested in keeping my custom when it came to it. That was disappointing; especially as I'd bought most of the wares in The Golden Book. And as I was ready for another jacket or two, I found myself open to the idea of trying another company.

And that is where Amanda and Will stepped up to the plate after an email inquiry I made to Aero.
I take people solely as I find them and, like many others here, I similarly found Will and Amanda's customer service to be beyond exemplary. And solely because of that A+ customer service, I became a devotee of Aero and its products (especially when I received my order. The work was A+ too) and when someone asks me now about what I'm wearing and where should they go for a similar jacket, I tell them Aero.
I do not understand how Will and Amanda's earning of my custom, unreserved respect and gratitude like that could be regarded as anything BUT in Aero's best interests, as I cannot think of a finer example in business of how winning customers over from one company/brand to another should be done.
I cannot speak for any troubles elsewhere but there were none from my end. I'm just sorry not to be able to deal with them again in the future as, from this customer's perspective, I thought they were a credit to the company and they made doing business a pleasure.

Tony B

One of the Regulars
The bloke hasn't died, he just isn't working for aero anymore.

He isn't going to disappear out of the leather jacket business it is just that he has to start up again and with his outlook on customer service and "general good guy to deal with" reputation I think once he is back in the game he will have a success on his hands and punters will have another top notch jacket maker to choose from.......wonder who his right hand woman will be.

Cooperson

One Too Many
It will be interesting to see what direction Will's jackets will take. I bet we all have a 'perfect' jacket in mind that isn't currently available - I definitely have!

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
It will be interesting to see what direction Will's jackets will take. I bet we all have a 'perfect' jacket in mind that isn't currently available - I definitely have!
Lets hope if he does make a go of it he produces some unique designs rather than another lot of Aero knock offs such as the Sam Walker jackets etc. Do we really want more Highwayman type jackets? A2s and G1 types are no jacket makers personal design so that will also just be more of the same.
Just my opinion.
J

Cooperson

One Too Many
Lets hope if he does make a go of it he produces some unique designs rather than another lot of Aero knock offs such as the Sam Walker jackets etc. Do we really want more Highwayman type jackets? A2s and G1 types are no jacket makers personal design so that will also just be more of the same.
Just my opinion.
J

So what would you like to see :)

Cooperson

One Too Many
For me it would have to be a half belt that wasn't half way up your back, so a bit longer in the body. A trimmer back profile, similar Ishmael's recent Japanese purchase. Sleeves like the Highwayman but slimmer in the upper arms and higher cut armholes. A medium weight hide but with the exact same finish as Aero's brown heavy front quarter. Not forgetting a 1" interior leather hem facing :)

Ah, the impossible dream :)

Graemsay

Practically Family
From Holly's comments it sounds as though Aero are focusing much more on the Twenties to Fifties era, and heavy leather, particularly horsehide, utility jackets are something that they do very, very well.

I'm hoping that Will does something a bit different, perhaps taking inspiration from old school designs and remixing them. I really like the spirit of the minimalist Highwayman for the Japanese market, the Six Pocket Hippy jacket, and the chunky Ironheart zips.

I suspect that my jacket tastes run counter to most here. :D

Overall, I'd like to see both thrive and continue to build cool stuff. Though I'm not sure my wallet will enjoy the experience.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
From Holly's comments it sounds as though Aero are focusing much more on the Twenties to Fifties era, and heavy leather, particularly horsehide, utility jackets are something that they do very, very well.

I'm hoping that Will does something a bit different, perhaps taking inspiration from old school designs and remixing them. I really like the spirit of the minimalist Highwayman for the Japanese market, the Six Pocket Hippy jacket, and the chunky Ironheart zips.

I suspect that my jacket tastes run counter to most here. :D

Overall, I'd like to see both thrive and continue to build cool stuff. Though I'm not sure my wallet will enjoy the experience.

The minimalist Highwayman is a nice looking jacket, very clean looking. Not such a fan of the Hippy one, way too many pockets for my taste.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot