Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Starter Fedora

TAutry

New in Town
Well, I did it . . .

I went for the Akubra Stylemaster. I ordered the Acorn color just a few minutes ago from David Morgan. I decided going with a U.S. seller made sense for me, just in case there was a sizing or other issue.

Thanks you all for your recommendations.

Waiting Stinks! I just received a note that my hat shipped via USPS today. That's great news, of course, but as slow as the mail service is in my area, I dread the wait.

Yes, if a thing is worth doing or having, it's worth waiting for. From all the Akubra Stylemaster suggestions, I'm guessing this is one of those things.

TAutry

New in Town
After some ups and downs, my Akubra StyleMaster is here!

I made the rookie mistake of ordering the wrong size. I also decided when I saw the acorn color that I didn't like it that much. So I sent it back and exchanged for the correct size and carbon gray color.

It just so happened that I was home sick today and was able to receive the package when it arrived. My eagerness to open the package was tempered somewhat by feeling cruddy, but it didn't take long for me to grab my trusty Swiss Army Knife(SAK). A couple of gentle slits later and I was unpacking my new hat.

Being new to all of this, my first impressions may not count for much, but this is one nice hat. The weight and body of the fur felt are impressive. The softness along the crown is amazing. I added one piece of sizing felt and the hat sat as naturally as can be.

Thank you all for recommending the StyleMaster. I am very pleased. I'm not much of a picture poster, but I may give this one a shot when I feel better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner