Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steampunk motorcycle helmet

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
Mr Vim said:
Looking at that brass beauty makes me want a Rocketeer replica helmet so bad I can taste it... and it being metal I imagine the taste is not that good.

But I still think it was the best example of Deco/steampunk I have ever seen...

I'm sorry, I digress, I think it is a great looking helmet... he should try a full faced one next... like the Rocketeer's.

Mind like a steel trap.

It is actually copper..which I think he is about out of.
Went to garage sale this morning and turned up nothing useable so Ebay and Etsy are looking like where I will be shopping now.

As for a full face 'Rocketeer'...he's already thought about it.....he's thinking of putting this one on Ebay for $300.
He loves to do custom work if you are serious ;)

Daniel Hunter

One of the Regulars
I think I've decided on the perfect way to describe this piece....

It's a cashmere raincoat.......it looks stunning but is totally useless for it's intended purpose.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
It is fab steampunk (there is another thread on steampunk somewhere) and just needs to be adjudicated as safe by experts and move into immediate production!

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
The original post is interesting, a steam powered helmet... Reminds me of the Rocketeer in some ways. ;)

If one rides a motorcycle, and if one lives in a state that doesn't require a helmet, I would say wear a leather flight helmet with goggles... or a top hat with goggles... that surely be the ultimate choice for "steampunk" inspired attire. :D Now, I would say if one could design a steam powered motorcycle... that would be very interesting! Kinda like a Stanly Steamer... But with two wheels! Don't burn your legs on the boiler!

Last edited:

Gilboa

One of the Regulars
I very much like the helmet.

And as said in the other steampunk related thread (old style typewriter converted into a computer), I am fascinated by the endless ideas these people come up with while converting old into new.

Last edited:

Mickey Caesar

Familiar Face
It is actually copper..which I think he is about out of.
Went to garage sale this morning and turned up nothing useable so Ebay and Etsy are looking like where I will be shopping now.

As for a full face 'Rocketeer'...he's already thought about it.....he's thinking of putting this one on Ebay for $300.
He loves to do custom work if you are serious ;)
I think this helmet is really cool looking. But you should do some research/serious thinking before putting this helmet on Ebay, considering our lawsuit happy society. Making one and using it yourself is one thing, but if you start selling them, you open yourself up to liability issues.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I think this helmet is really cool looking. But you should do some research/serious thinking before putting this helmet on Ebay, considering our lawsuit happy society. Making one and using it yourself is one thing, but if you start selling them, you open yourself up to liability issues.

You would have to state that its not DOT-approved/street legal/safe to ride with/use for display purposes only/blah blah blah. As motorcycle art, its a winner, imho.

Ichabod

New in Town
this is a great piece... tell your dad he is doing the right thing.. i yam older than him and just love "steampunk" stuff... i do moto bicycles...
anyway ask him if he would do a piece on youtube ... the metal , how he formed, cut and brazed..i would appreciate it mucho...
as to the legality... OMG... just , if he decides to sell, sell it as "art" non functioning... such a world huh..
congrats you got a great family ...
Icahbod Craig IV
Artista Primitivo con Biciclette

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy