Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STENSON AND DOBBS SAME COMPANY?

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Yes. They are both HATCO brands. Manufactured in Garland, Texas. Both brands now include both wool and fur felts. The Dobbs wools are full of stiffener. The Stetson wools are crushable. The furs in both lines are acceptable, and of servicable quality. If you are interested in one, it's best to pick it out in person. The next best thing is to order one that others have had a good experience with.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Yes, they are both currently manufactured by HATCO in Garland, Texas. I would imagine quality differences between them to be negligible, but I haven't seen them to know for sure.

If you are asking historically, they were manufactured by different companies for most of their existence.

Brad

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I've never owned a Dobbs although if I ever saw a Dobbs "Dayton" in 7 7/8 I'd jump all over it! I have owned and do own Stetsons. Some will say the Stetson isn't up to snuff with other hats but I have found them to be good, solid hat. I like 'em for what its worth but you have to be your own judge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic