Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson and Facebook

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
So Stetson has a page on facebook. Rarely do they ever have anything about hats. Today they are asking what hat style they should bring back. So I ask you, what should they bring back?

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Yes, most of their posts are related to their non-hat licenses. Makes sense, really, as the Stetson name sells itself for hats, but their apparel is less well-known.

I'll vote for anything with a Mode Edge. :D

Brad

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
So Stetson has a page on facebook. Rarely do they ever have anything about hats. Today they are asking what hat style they should bring back. So I ask you, what should they bring back?

Interesting that they are asking such a question on Facebook. Median age of Facebook users is around 30 yo and most of these folks have not been nor are hat wearers and so how would they know what hat style to "... bring back" ? :) ( I'm not refering to members here who are NOT in the mainstream of Facebook users BTW )

John Galt

Vendor
I like that the crease of the Eagle is so unique and recognizable, and that it is literally a piece of American history. A non-collector can appreciate both. I guess I was inspired by this conversation, because I actually picked up a very nice black Eagle Royale Deluxe (with the hatpin and a Dobbs box) last night on Ebay for $65.00 plus $7.75 S&H, via "Make an Offer." I know there have been a lot better deals, but the buy it now price was $80.00 plus S&H, and I really wanted it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eagle-Royal...048?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a142a1698

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Personally, I enjoy checking out the Stetson Facebook page. They often have links to some interesting stories, as mentioned not too often hat related though.

I really don't care if they decide to revive any hat models (quite a few have already been "reproduced" to some extent anyway) - I don't have any Stetsons made after the factory closure and not expecting to get any.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
US Patent Office gives the first use date as March 26 1942.

Yes. And note the red, white and blue feather in the ribbon.

4160114679_c36e83ab4e_o.jpg

Last edited:

John Galt

Vendor
6326121674_364e96ec98_m.jpg

The point is well taken. It looks like two decades apart, which makes me wonder if this was an anniversary redux. I found an ad from 1962, and a separate reference to an ad from 1961 in an antique store's inventory. Although ~50 years may not be vintage for some of you gents, it is good enough for me. This hat was almost certainly made before Philadelphia factory closed in 1971, and I therefore expect it is of very good quality notwithstanding what I've read here about black-banded Royal Deluxe's.

...the Eagles here are decades apart...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart