Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Fashion Collection 1940s Stratoliner Fur Felt Fedora Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Agree with you Ed. How can the factory & THE FEDORA STORE both let it get shipped. Did The Fedora Store do anything more than just send it on to me?

It was a wise choice to have a nice dinner out with the wife before posting about this hat.......heck, no point in dwelling on that hat last night

carldelo

One Too Many
I had a somewhat similar experience with an old stock hat that was shipped with a wonky sweatband. The band was stitched way out of level and managed to put creases in the felt, and reduce the hat size. The store as much as admitted that they just take the hat box in one door from the factory, keep them in stacks and send them straight onto trucks and never look at them, which is complete BS. Just the fact that the pin is broken should have kept it from shipping, much less the condition of the felt.

Re: the condition of the felt, that looks to me like a too-small hat body was stretched up to get to 7-5/8. I have one Stetson in 7-3/4 that is marked somewhere under the sweat as a 7-5/8. The result is fine, in my case. But you might poke around on the inside and see if they tried to stretch a small body. That would be completely bogus, in my opinion, and doesn't bode well for the large sizes.

EDIT - to be clear, the hat with the wonky sweat mentioned above was not from the Fedora Store.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
From my review = "Anticipating the conversation when I take this hat back for the factory tour."

Rather a unique situation that you are going to be right there with the people that made the hat in a short time. Interesting conversation to be sure!

I'm sure that at the Fedora Store, they receive boxes from the manufacturers, put a shipping label on and send them out the door. That's certainly the case with most on-line retailers. Certainly a case of poor QA at Hatco.

Rather a unique situation that you are going to be right there with the people that made the hat in a short time. Interesting conversation to be sure!

I'm sure that at the Fedora Store, they receive boxes from the manufacturers, put a shipping label on and send them out the door. That's certainly the case with most on-line retailers. Certainly a case of poor QA at Hatco.

If I am putting my store name & rep out there with a specific model PLUS blatantly calling out The Strat Society of The FEDORA Lounge, you can bet your sweet behind I am checking at least the first 50 orders of said model!

carldelo

One Too Many
If I am putting my store name & rep out there with a specific model PLUS blatantly calling out The Strat Society of The FEDORA Lounge, you can bet your sweet behind I am checking at least the first 50 orders of said model!

Amen to that. You shouldn't have to pay a penny for that hat. If they're paying attention, the Fedora Store should refund your entire purchase price including shipping and pay for the return shipping as well.

Duper

Practically Family
Man, that is poor judgement on their part to ship such a new model out without better quality checking by both parties involved. I'll bet they would have sold 5 more just today if you had given them a beaming report on quality and service. Now they have to back peddle to catch up for the 25 future sales they lost.

I think you will be treated very well by the Hatco folks. I am anxious to see the beautiful new no charge hat you come back with from Texas. They better put their best man on the job and best foot forward right about now.

gtdean, I hope you get the pick of the litter next time.

I will be emailing this review & a link to this thread shortly to The Fedora Store. A PM to fellow Lounger HATCO as well.
When you bring back an ICON, you need to do it with honor & respect especially when you know discerning eyes are watching!

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
I will be emailing this review & a link to this thread shortly to The Fedora Store. A PM to fellow Lounger HATCO as well.
When you bring back an ICON, you need to do it with honor & respect especially when you know discerning eyes are watching!

I bet HATCO (the lounger) is going to be friggin ticked off that you got a hat in that condition.

Duper

Practically Family
I was just browsing around flickr looking at Stratoliner photos and I think another lounger has also experienced problems with his new Strat pin being too fragile. I stop there and let him fill in the blanks if he so wishes.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I feel like this model should've been offered open crown instead of Stetson's short teardrop. I suppose that it's an easy fix, though...

marcoshark

New in Town
The picture is a bit more tan. IMHO, it's not the same kind of Silver Belly you use to get back in the day, but the picture is a bit warmer

Looks good to me. I'd love to see a straight side view to see how much swoop there is in the brim when snapped.

I assume it's silver belly, which looks pretty tan. Marcoshark, does it seem tan in person, or is that just the photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy